BoatBanter.com

-   Tall Ship Photos (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/)
-   -   Christian Radich (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/90262-christian-radich.html)

RtW January 26th 08 08:29 PM

RtW January 26th 08 09:00 PM

L D'Bonnie January 27th 08 12:32 AM

L D'Bonnie January 27th 08 12:36 AM

Bouler January 27th 08 09:42 PM

Perhaps this one works better:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christi...ich_%28ship%29

It sure does;-)
--
Groeten
Bouler (The Netherlands)

Bouler January 27th 08 09:44 PM

Christian Radich

"L D'Bonnie" schreef in bericht news:479bd022$0$24827

A keeper. Thank you.

Here's one of my favorites.

Very nice, do you have it in larger format and do you know the names of the
ships?
--
Groeten
Bouler (The Netherlands)

joevan[_2_] January 28th 08 07:20 PM

Christian Radich

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 21:29:09 +0100, "RtW" wrote:

Some links of interest:

http://www.radich.no/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Radich_(ship)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052397/

http://www.wittkowsky.net/windjammer/index2.htm

What a lady!!!!!!

L D'Bonnie January 29th 08 01:32 AM

Christian Radich

1 Attachment(s)
Bouler wrote:
"L D'Bonnie" schreef in bericht news:479bd022$0$24827
A keeper. Thank you.

Here's one of my favorites.

Very nice, do you have it in larger format and do you know the names of the
ships?

I wish I had a larger image. Just an educated guess but I believe
the closer ship is the Cutty Sark. The other may be the Thermopylae,
but that is definitely a guess.

Here is another image of the Cutty Sark.

I have a few more like these if you are interested.

LdB

Bouler January 29th 08 01:39 PM

Christian Radich

"L D'Bonnie" schreef in bericht news:479e802b$0$24809

Very nice, do you have it in larger format and do you know the names of
the
ships?

I wish I had a larger image. Just an educated guess but I believe
the closer ship is the Cutty Sark. The other may be the Thermopylae,
but that is definitely a guess.

Here is another image of the Cutty Sark.

I have a few more like these if you are interested.

I'm always intersted in tallships, so post away;-)
Thanks for the Cutty Sark.
--
Groeten
Bouler (The Netherlands)

HiFlyer January 30th 08 03:13 AM

Christian Radich

In June of 1957, I sailed out of New London, CT aboard the Coast
Guard's Barque EAGLE with full-rigged ship CHRISTIAN RADICH off our
quarter filming a sceme for the 1958 movie.

We stayed together most of the day and then she left us for her
itinerary and we sailed straight on to Bergen, Norway.

I remember that, with the prevailing winds, EAGLE's 22,000 square
feet of sail made it difficult for the smaller ship to keep up, but
they wanted EAGLE's 22 sails to be set.

HF.