BoatBanter.com

-   Tall Ship Photos (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/)
-   -   Barge: Straits Waterskidder New Westminster BC 20071220 (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/89074-barge-straits-waterskidder-new-westminster-bc-20071220-a.html)

Stephen Rees[_3_] December 21st 07 05:18 AM

Barge: Straits Waterskidder New Westminster BC 20071220

I must admit I liked this shot mostly for the snow covered sunlit
mountains in the background. I think this thing is used for shipping
scrap down the coast.

Farfar December 21st 07 10:00 AM

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 05:18:21 GMT, Stephen Rees wrote:

I must admit I liked this shot mostly for the snow covered sunlit
mountains in the background. I think this thing is used for shipping
scrap down the coast.

Shipping scrap or IS scrap? 8-}

joevan[_2_] December 22nd 07 02:17 PM

Barge: Straits Waterskidder New Westminster BC 20071220

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 05:18:21 GMT, Stephen Rees wrote:

I must admit I liked this shot mostly for the snow covered sunlit
mountains in the background. I think this thing is used for shipping
scrap down the coast.

I agree, the shadow in the foreground gives it all a wonderful glow.
Nice shot.

Stephen Rees[_3_] December 22nd 07 05:16 PM

joevan wrote:
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 05:18:21 GMT, Stephen Rees wrote:

I must admit I liked this shot mostly for the snow covered sunlit
mountains in the background. I think this thing is used for shipping
scrap down the coast.

I agree, the shadow in the foreground gives it all a wonderful glow.
Nice shot.

Thank you

Only 2 of 5 images from yesterday turned up on my newserver - do I need
to repost?

Randy Kotuby December 22nd 07 10:48 PM

Barge: Straits Waterskidder New Westminster BC 20071220

I got four of them on my server Stephen so there must be some type of
problem somewhere. When in doubt post again.

Randy

joevan[_2_] December 23rd 07 01:35 AM

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 17:16:07 GMT, Stephen Rees wrote:

joevan wrote:
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 05:18:21 GMT, Stephen Rees wrote:

I must admit I liked this shot mostly for the snow covered sunlit
mountains in the background. I think this thing is used for shipping
scrap down the coast.

I agree, the shadow in the foreground gives it all a wonderful glow.
Nice shot.

Thank you

Only 2 of 5 images from yesterday turned up on my newserver - do I need
to repost?

I got 3 of them on the 21st. This one, Global partnership, and Queen
of Vancouver. What were the other two?

Stephen Rees[_3_] December 23rd 07 04:34 AM

joevan wrote:
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 05:18:21 GMT, Stephen Rees wrote:

I must admit I liked this shot mostly for the snow covered sunlit
mountains in the background. I think this thing is used for shipping
scrap down the coast.
I agree, the shadow in the foreground gives it all a wonderful glow.
Nice shot.

Thank you

Only 2 of 5 images from yesterday turned up on my newserver - do I need
to repost?

I got 3 of them on the 21st. This one, Global partnership, and Queen
of Vancouver. What were the other two?

I think I see the problem. I neglected to change the file type to jpg
and they were posted in GIMP's xcf format