Default NL - - file 1 of 6 Friesland - various-1.jpg

Various pictures taken in Friesland during last season.
Picture 1 - the Skutsje of 'Drachten'overtaking us. It's amazing how fast these ships go and how well the skippers are able to navigate in the cramped Frysian waters.

Picture 2 - The Barracuda - as seen from my cockpit. Although it bears a fearsome name, judging to the overall state,it's had it's best time. Close up it's green from algea.

Picture 3 - Passing through the Spannenburg bridge on the PRinses Margriet Kanaal with quite a lot of wind. The mirror almost capsized with the strong winds. (while passing the bridge we were in the lee of some trees luckily).

Picture 4 - Our Trintella berthed alongside a Hanse 315. Although in length it's just 50 cm's difference, it's world aparts in terms of beam,interior space, design, etc. I like this picture because it shows the difference in design quite clealry, just looking at the bows. Although the Hanse is quite nice (thoud out of my league) I prefer the Traditional design of our Trintella.

Picture 5 - A well know site in the Netherlands : the Waterpoort (Watergate) in Sneek. No watergate scandals here, just a nice town dedicated to watersports.

Pictures 6 - Oops, off topic. A hot air balloon (airship?) that passed overhead while we were on board. Happens quite often.

Anyway hope you enjoy,

Regards,

Jeroen

- Posted by Ozum - all-in-one yEnc newsreader, scanner/robot and freeware autoposter.
- yEnc explained (yEnc basic FAQ) - http://www.ozinsight.com/yencfaq.html

Attached Thumbnails
NL - - file 1 of 6 Friesland - various-1.jpg-friesland-various-1.jpg