Default US Sea Tow Narragansett RI Sept 2007

Attached Thumbnails
US Sea Tow Narragansett RI Sept 2007-seatow_narragansettri_sept2007.jpg

"Paul McGrane" wrote in news:mXyJi.324831$dA7.216244
@newsfe16.lga:

Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
------=_NextPart_000_0093_01C7FDF4.91BC6900

Attachment decoded: SeaTow_NarragansettRI_Sept2007.jpg
------=_NextPart_000_0093_01C7FDF4.91BC6900--

Hello Paul,

yet again a nice picture. Do you shoot them from your own boat? What knd of
equipment do you use?

Regards,

Jeroen

"Jeronimus" wrote in message
3.133...

Hello Paul,

yet again a nice picture. Do you shoot them from your own boat? What knd
of
equipment do you use?

Regards,

Jeroen

\

Hi Jeroen,
These photos from Narragansett are taken from a jetty on either side of an
inlet
to Point Judith Harbor. In this picture at bottom left is part of the jetty
I am sitting on.
This side is good for afternoon sun. The other side is best in the morning.
There is a parking lot for the beach, to the left of that building on the
far left.
When I was a kid I used to live on the other side and swim across to this
side to see
some of my friends. It is a 30 minute trip by car!
It was kind of tricky when the tide was running ;-)

For the photos of the Tall Ships in Newport, I was on a friends boat.

I use a Canon Digital Rebel XTi and a 75mm-300mm lens.

Paul

Attached Thumbnails
US Sea Tow Narragansett RI Sept 2007-captblighnarragansettri_july2007a.jpg

Hi Jeroen,
These photos from Narragansett are taken from a jetty on either side
of an inlet
to Point Judith Harbor. In this picture at bottom left is part of the
jetty I am sitting on.
This side is good for afternoon sun. The other side is best in the
morning. There is a parking lot for the beach, to the left of that
building on the far left.
When I was a kid I used to live on the other side and swim across to
this side to see
some of my friends. It is a 30 minute trip by car!
It was kind of tricky when the tide was running ;-)

For the photos of the Tall Ships in Newport, I was on a friends boat.

I use a Canon Digital Rebel XTi and a 75mm-300mm lens.

Paul

Hi Paul,

thanx for your reply. It seems to me you have found the perfect spot to
take pictures! I usually take pictures 'on the run'. If I pass a nice
boat or other water related place and I have my camera at my disposal,
it's picture time.

When I'm sailing I'm mostly to busy steering the boat to use the camera
(which is stowed away below deck most of the time). If I do get the
camera out I mostly use the 28-80 mm lens on my Nikon D70. Using the 80-
300 mm lens on the run usually results in blurred images (I don't have a
steady hand).

Zwimming the canal with a running tide usually is a challenge. At my
hometown they used to swim to a neigbouring island (app. 2,5 miles away).
You had to time it correctly or the tide would push y ou out to either
the Waddensea or the Northsea. (none of which you would want to end up
swimming...)

Keep up the good posts!

Best regards,

Jeroen