posted to alt.binaries.pictures.scenic,alt.binaries.pictures.tall-ships

Default June 1973 - Mystic Seaport #1 - scan-1973-06-New_England-04-Mystic_Seaport-Edit.jpg [1/1]

Here are a couple of images taken at Mystic Seaport in June 1973. My wife and
I went camping in New England with a popup trailer for the last week of June
and the first week of July 1973 for our honeymoon, as it was all we could
afford.

We were so broke that it was October before we could afford to have the few
rolls we took developed :-)

I was working at Sun Shipbuilding & Drydock Co in Chester, PA before we got
married, but I quit and got a 'safer' job with a small electronics company,
primarily because several of my Stagebuilding (Shipwright Carpenter) and
Rigger coworkers were killed in a freak accident right before then. I
eventually ended up back in the shipyard in early '77 in mechanical
maintenance (just as dangerous as stagebuilding) as we needed the money with a
kid on the way. :-/

--
Even duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Al McCann
albert(dot)mccann(at)outlook(dot)com
Attached Thumbnails
June 1973 - Mystic Seaport #1 - scan-1973-06-New_England-04-Mystic_Seaport-Edit.jpg [1/1]-scan-1973-06-new_england-04-mystic_seaport-edit.jpg
posted to alt.binaries.pictures.scenic,alt.binaries.pictures.tall-ships

On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 12:54:30 -0400, Kilgore Trout
wrote:

Here are a couple of images taken at Mystic Seaport in June 1973. My wife and
I went camping in New England with a popup trailer for the last week of June
and the first week of July 1973 for our honeymoon, as it was all we could
afford.

We were so broke that it was October before we could afford to have the few
rolls we took developed :-)

I was working at Sun Shipbuilding & Drydock Co in Chester, PA before we got
married, but I quit and got a 'safer' job with a small electronics company,
primarily because several of my Stagebuilding (Shipwright Carpenter) and
Rigger coworkers were killed in a freak accident right before then. I
eventually ended up back in the shipyard in early '77 in mechanical
maintenance (just as dangerous as stagebuilding) as we needed the money with a
kid on the way. :-/

I hope you don't mind. I edited the red green blue colors in your
image, etc ... I tried to bring the color shift sort of back to
normal.

Attached Thumbnails
June 1973 - Mystic Seaport #1 - scan-1973-06-New_England-04-Mystic_Seaport-Edit.jpg [1/1]-scan-1973-06-new_england-04-mystic_seaport-editb.jpg
posted to alt.binaries.pictures.scenic,alt.binaries.pictures.tall-ships

In article ,
says...

I hope you don't mind. I edited the red green blue colors in your
image, etc ... I tried to bring the color shift sort of back to
normal.

No problem.

It's a 44 year old Ektachrome slide, with uneven dye fading :-) It probably
would look better in B&W.