Default For anyone interestedTUG John Arthur.jpg (1/1)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TUG John Arthur.jpg (195.3 KB, 13 views)

On 27 Jul 2017 17:54:07 GMT, (Veteran) wrote:

Interesting pics , Thanks for posting . BTW , This tug spent the
winter tied up to the municipal pier here about 15 years ago . At the
time she was privately owned and no longer used for commercial towing
..
She left in the spring and I have not seen her since ..

Canal Lee wrote in
:

On 27 Jul 2017 17:54:07 GMT, (Veteran) wrote:

Interesting pics , Thanks for posting . BTW , This tug spent the
winter tied up to the municipal pier here about 15 years ago . At the
time she was privately owned and no longer used for commercial towing
.
She left in the spring and I have not seen her since ..

http://www.boatingwithtr.com/2004/April/Tugboat/

http://www.ghcoates.com/Tugboat.htm

http://old.oldtacomamarine.com/atlas/johnarthur.html

last I could find, moved to Baltimore to be in a museum with
The SS JOHN W BROWN moved to pier 13, next to the NS SAVANNAH,
a CG buoy tender, and tug JOHN ARTHUR. (2015)

google earth images show a tug berthed at Pier 13 in 2014 and 2017
unmoved..

On Fri, 28 Jul 2017 18:55:53 -0500, john Szalay john.szalayatatt.net
wrote:

Canal Lee wrote in
:

On 27 Jul 2017 17:54:07 GMT, (Veteran) wrote:

Interesting pics , Thanks for posting . BTW , This tug spent the
winter tied up to the municipal pier here about 15 years ago . At the
time she was privately owned and no longer used for commercial towing
.
She left in the spring and I have not seen her since ..

http://www.boatingwithtr.com/2004/April/Tugboat/

http://www.ghcoates.com/Tugboat.htm

http://old.oldtacomamarine.com/atlas/johnarthur.html

last I could find, moved to Baltimore to be in a museum with
The SS JOHN W BROWN moved to pier 13, next to the NS SAVANNAH,
a CG buoy tender, and tug JOHN ARTHUR. (2015)

google earth images show a tug berthed at Pier 13 in 2014 and 2017
unmoved..

Interesting . That makes sense that she ended up with those other
boats because the owners did not have much money to keep the tug going
and were trying to start a foundation to bring in cash for the up
keep. I will be in Baltimore next month and will venture over to where
the Browm is and see what I can around there .

Canal Lee wrote in
:

On Fri, 28 Jul 2017 18:55:53 -0500, john Szalay john.szalayatatt.net
wrote:

Canal Lee wrote in
m:

[...]

pier 13 is where the NS Savannah is the tug is on the other side of
the pier.
Canton Marine Terminal Pier 13 on Newgate ave. and S. Newkirk St