BoatBanter.com

-   Tall Ship Photos (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/)
-   -   US - USS Zumwalt 2016-09-12 #1 (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/172082-us-uss-zumwalt-2016-09-12-1-a.html)

Bob_R[_3_] September 13th 16 01:38 AM

US - USS Zumwalt 2016-09-12 #1

1 Attachment(s)
Stealthy destroyer USS Zumwalt departing Newport, Rhode Island on September
12, 2016.
I suppose I could be a wise guy here, not attach a picture, then claim it
was too stealthy to see.

john Szalay September 13th 16 02:41 AM

US - USS Zumwalt 2016-09-12 #1

"Bob_R" wrote in
:

Stealthy destroyer USS Zumwalt departing Newport, Rhode Island on
September 12, 2016.
I suppose I could be a wise guy here, not attach a picture, then claim
it was too stealthy to see.

Was waiting for that one.. :-)

Paul McGrane September 13th 16 01:08 PM

US - USS Zumwalt 2016-09-12 #1

On 9/12/2016 8:38 PM, Bob_R wrote:
Stealthy destroyer USS Zumwalt departing Newport, Rhode Island on
September 12, 2016.
I suppose I could be a wise guy here, not attach a picture, then claim
it was too stealthy to see.

Looks like you took a little road trip Bob, glad you were able to catch
this one!

Paul

Kilgore Trout[_2_] September 13th 16 09:53 PM

US - USS Zumwalt 2016-09-12 #1

In article , john Szalay
says...

"Bob_R" wrote in
:

Stealthy destroyer USS Zumwalt departing Newport, Rhode Island on
September 12, 2016.
I suppose I could be a wise guy here, not attach a picture, then claim
it was too stealthy to see.

Was waiting for that one.. :-)

Or photoshop in a ship sized hole in the water.

--
Al McCann
m a c 3 5 8 (at)-n e w s g u y-(dot) c o m

john Szalay September 13th 16 11:52 PM

US - USS Zumwalt 2016-09-12 #1

1 Attachment(s)
Kilgore Trout wrote in
:

In article , john
Szalay says...

"Bob_R" wrote in
:

Stealthy destroyer USS Zumwalt departing Newport, Rhode Island on
September 12, 2016.
I suppose I could be a wise guy here, not attach a picture, then
claim it was too stealthy to see.

Was waiting for that one.. :-)

Or photoshop in a ship sized hole in the water.

like this ?

BTW: if you want to watch ships and can,t
leave the house

http://keywestharborwebcam.com

http://nyharborwebcam.com

http://portcanaveralwebcam.com/

Bob_R[_3_] September 14th 16 02:14 AM

US - USS Zumwalt 2016-09-12 #1

"john Szalay" john.szalayatatt.net wrote in message
31...
"Bob_R" wrote in
:

Stealthy destroyer USS Zumwalt departing Newport, Rhode Island on
September 12, 2016.
I suppose I could be a wise guy here, not attach a picture, then claim
it was too stealthy to see.

Was waiting for that one.. :-)

You didn't have to wait long, first Zumwalt post and there it is. g
Bob

Bob_R[_3_] September 14th 16 02:26 AM

US - USS Zumwalt 2016-09-12 #1

"Paul McGrane" wrote in message
On 9/12/2016 8:38 PM, Bob_R wrote:
Stealthy destroyer USS Zumwalt departing Newport, Rhode Island on
September 12, 2016.
I suppose I could be a wise guy here, not attach a picture, then claim
it was too stealthy to see.

Looks like you took a little road trip Bob, glad you were able to catch
this one!

Paul

Thanks Paul.
It was a great day for a trip plus the incentive that Zumwalt will probably
never be in this area again.
Fort Wetherill is quite a vantage point.
Bob

Kilgore Trout[_2_] September 14th 16 09:46 PM

US - USS Zumwalt 2016-09-12 #1

In article , john Szalay
says...

Kilgore Trout wrote in
:

In article , john
Szalay says...

"Bob_R" wrote in
:

Stealthy destroyer USS Zumwalt departing Newport, Rhode Island on
September 12, 2016.
I suppose I could be a wise guy here, not attach a picture, then
claim it was too stealthy to see.

Was waiting for that one.. :-)

Or photoshop in a ship sized hole in the water.

like this ?

Yup.

--
Al McCann
m a c 3 5 8 (at)-n e w s g u y-(dot) c o m

john Szalay September 14th 16 10:37 PM

US - USS Zumwalt 2016-09-12 #1

Kilgore Trout wrote in
:

In article , john
Szalay says...

Kilgore Trout wrote in
:

In article , john
Szalay says...

"Bob_R" wrote in
:

Stealthy destroyer USS Zumwalt departing Newport, Rhode Island
on September 12, 2016.
I suppose I could be a wise guy here, not attach a picture, then
claim it was too stealthy to see.

Was waiting for that one.. :-)

Or photoshop in a ship sized hole in the water.

like this ?

Yup.

in many sat photos of the sea, you have to look hard to see the ships,
but their wakes stand out like sore thumbs for miles..

Paul McGrane September 15th 16 01:48 PM

US - USS Zumwalt 2016-09-12 #1

On 9/12/2016 8:38 PM, Bob_R wrote:
Stealthy destroyer USS Zumwalt departing Newport, Rhode Island on
September 12, 2016.
I suppose I could be a wise guy here, not attach a picture, then claim
it was too stealthy to see.

Looks like you took a little road trip Bob, glad you were able to
catch this one!

Paul

Thanks Paul.
It was a great day for a trip plus the incentive that Zumwalt will
probably never be in this area again.
Fort Wetherill is quite a vantage point.
Bob

Yes, it is a great spot!

Paul