Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default NL - Various

Unsorted and unedited pics taken in Friesland or on the IJsselmeer. Pic 25
shows the two-clump tall ships I built for my daughter and nephew, sailing
in formation on the pond near my home.

Pic 14 to 16 show a thunderstorm in Akkrum. It came upon us last summer
during dinner and was quite spectacular, as it turned really dark within a
few minutes. Heavy rain and severe gusts made it quite spectacular.

Pic 7-12 show a meeting of traditional ships (Mostly 'aken') in Lemmer, one
of the cities of Friesland. I had to enter the sluice to go to the outer
harbour when this fleet was filling trying to leave the sluice to find a
berth.. Made for some interesting navigation and required a fair amount of
patience...

Enjoy!
\
Regards,