Default NL - Den Helder - 22 meter Catamaran yacht sinking

I think this is usually Willem's speciality, but I didn't want te keep this
from you all. This week the lifeboat from Den Helder "Joke Dijkstra" was
called upon top assist a Sunreef 70 motor-yacht which was sinking near the
shipping lanes. The Joke Dijkstra was only able to tow her out of the
shipping lanes. A salvage company was called upon to try and save her.
Which they eventually managed to do.

It seems the Sunreef motor catamarans and Den Helder don't get along quite
well. A few months earlier the lifeboat had been called upon the assist a
sistership of this yacht with rudder problems.

More info (in Dutch) and pictures of the rescue:

http://www.knrm.nl/30waar_wij_zijn/1...er/06reddingra
pporten/?TheArticle=14060

and:

http://www.knrm.nl/30waar_wij_zijn/1...oog/06reddingr
apporten/?TheArticle=14063

More info on the yacht:
http://www.sunreef-yachts.com/launch...34,70-sunreef-
power-abuelo.html

Enjoy!

Jeroen

On 25 Oct 2009 13:01:34 GMT, Jeronimus wrote:

[...]

It was all Dutch to me. My vista IE 8 would not translate for me. What
caused her to take on water?

More info on the yacht:
http://www.sunreef-yachts.com/launch...t,34,70-sunree
f- power-abuelo.html

Enjoy!

Jeroen

It was all Dutch to me. My vista IE 8 would not translate for me. What
caused her to take on water?

It says the starboard hull was damaged, but no reason was given for the
damage. It also states that the port hull took on water aswell. The salvage
company managed to tow it to a sandbar and effected enough repairs to tow
it into the harbour of Den Helder. It's now berthed at a local shipyard,
probably for repairs.

Jeroen

On 25 Oct 2009 17:15:33 GMT, Jeronimus wrote:

More info on the yacht:
http://www.sunreef-yachts.com/launch...t,34,70-sunree
f- power-abuelo.html

Enjoy!

Jeroen

It was all Dutch to me. My vista IE 8 would not translate for me. What
caused her to take on water?

It says the starboard hull was damaged, but no reason was given for the
damage. It also states that the port hull took on water aswell. The salvage
company managed to tow it to a sandbar and effected enough repairs to tow
it into the harbour of Den Helder. It's now berthed at a local shipyard,
probably for repairs.

Jeroen

Thank you for the information.
joevan