Default Lincoln Sea & DBL-140

Attached Thumbnails
Lincoln Sea & DBL-140-img_5793.jpg

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5802.jpg (1.04 MB, 86 views)

"MWB" schreef in bericht

Need some paint I think;-)
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)

"Bouler" wrote in message
.. .

"MWB" schreef in bericht

Need some paint I think;-)
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)

I agree, it needs paint and I mentioned that to them. This barge is
chartered by EXXONMOBIL to carry gasoline and ethanol. They claim they can't
work on it because it is not inerted. Other barges that aren't inerted get
scraped and painted. It is a very well run operation, but look at it.

I work on this barge and I emailed them some photos.

This barge is fairly new and is pinned to the tug. It moves along at over 10
knots.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...2&level1=1 40

Look for the Lincoln Sea in the New York and New England area.

Mark

Mark

"MWB" schreef in bericht

Need some paint I think;-)

I agree, it needs paint and I mentioned that to them. This barge is
chartered by EXXONMOBIL to carry gasoline and ethanol. They claim they
can't work on it because it is not inerted. Other barges that aren't
inerted get scraped and painted. It is a very well run operation, but look
at it.

Can you explain the word inerted?, something as gas that prevent fire?

I work on this barge and I emailed them some photos.

For loading and unloading or as a sailor?

This barge is fairly new and is pinned to the tug. It moves along at over
10 knots.

Fairly new, it does not look like it without new paint on it..

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...2&level1=1 40

Look for the Lincoln Sea in the New York and New England area.

I could not find them but saved the link, thanks.
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)

"Bouler" wrote in message

"MWB" schreef in bericht

Need some paint I think;-)

I agree, it needs paint and I mentioned that to them. This barge is
chartered by EXXONMOBIL to carry gasoline and ethanol. They claim they
can't work on it because it is not inerted. Other barges that aren't
inerted get scraped and painted. It is a very well run operation, but
look at it.

Can you explain the word inerted?, something as gas that prevent fire?

Yes. An inert gas is put in the tank which removes the oxygen. There is
positive pressure in the tank.

I work on this barge and I emailed them some photos.

For loading and unloading or as a sailor?

I work with the cargo at the dock. I keep track of everything.

This barge is fairly new and is pinned to the tug. It moves along at over
10 knots.

Fairly new, it does not look like it without new paint on it..

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...2&level1=1 40

Look for the Lincoln Sea in the New York and New England area.

I could not find them but saved the link, thanks.

Keep an eye out. There are blind spots and that's a fantastic tool.

--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)

"MWB" schreef in bericht

Need some paint I think;-)

I agree, it needs paint and I mentioned that to them. This barge is
chartered by EXXONMOBIL to carry gasoline and ethanol. They claim they
can't work on it because it is not inerted. Other barges that aren't
inerted get scraped and painted. It is a very well run operation, but
look at it.

Can you explain the word inerted?, something as gas that prevent fire?

Yes. An inert gas is put in the tank which removes the oxygen. There is
positive pressure in the tank.

WOW was right, thanks.

I work on this barge and I emailed them some photos.

For loading and unloading or as a sailor?

I work with the cargo at the dock. I keep track of everything.

Seems very responsible work to me.

I passed the age of 65 so I'm a retired teacher mathematics.
I'm now my own, boss;-)
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)

"Bouler" wrote in message

"MWB" schreef in bericht

Need some paint I think;-)

I agree, it needs paint and I mentioned that to them. This barge is
chartered by EXXONMOBIL to carry gasoline and ethanol. They claim they
can't work on it because it is not inerted. Other barges that aren't
inerted get scraped and painted. It is a very well run operation, but
look at it.

Can you explain the word inerted?, something as gas that prevent fire?

Yes. An inert gas is put in the tank which removes the oxygen. There is
positive pressure in the tank.

WOW was right, thanks.

I work on this barge and I emailed them some photos.

For loading and unloading or as a sailor?

I work with the cargo at the dock. I keep track of everything.

Seems very responsible work to me.

I'm blessed, I enjoy my work.

I passed the age of 65 so I'm a retired teacher mathematics.
I'm now my own, boss;-)
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)

"MWB" schreef in bericht

Can you explain the word inerted?, something as gas that prevent fire?

Yes. An inert gas is put in the tank which removes the oxygen. There is
positive pressure in the tank.

WOW was right, thanks.

I work on this barge and I emailed them some photos.

For loading and unloading or as a sailor?
I work with the cargo at the dock. I keep track of everything.

Seems very responsible work to me.

I'm blessed, I enjoy my work.

That's the most important thing about work.
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)

[IMG] code is On

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln... RCE General 60 April 1st 06 05:25 AM
Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln... RCE General 2 March 27th 06 04:42 PM
Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln... Don White General 0 March 27th 06 04:31 PM
Hot Rod Lincoln Capt. Rob ASA 3 November 30th 05 12:40 AM
Lincoln Bobsprit ASA 0 November 7th 03 03:12 AM