Default S.S. Atland By Laurence Dunn S_edge

Attached Thumbnails
S.S. Atland By Laurence Dunn S_edge-s.s.-atland-laurence-dunn-s_edge.jpg

Thank you for the pictures.

I have Googled the SS Atland but that name has not appeared. Can you tell me
what type of vessel she was?

HIA

Dave

The information I have is as follows:

She was a Turret Steamer built by the Sunderland shipbuilding firm William
Doxford & Sons. She was launched on 24th of April 1910.

"swordedge" wrote in message
news
The information I have is as follows:

She was a Turret Steamer built by the Sunderland shipbuilding firm William
Doxford & Sons. She was launched on 24th of April 1910.

I Googled that an have learned a great deal. Many thanks.

Dave

Junior Member

Location: Was Bristol uk

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you, that our friend Dave Whitbread died on the 28th of December. His wife, called me today as she had just found the mobile phone with his friends contact details on.

If you are aware of any forums that he was a member of, please let me know and I will contact them.

I am hoping to collect a few messages to print out for his wife, to give her some comfort from his online friends. and include some photos that he took and liked enough to send to his friends.

You can email me your messages, memories of him, and photos he sent you and why you liked it, and if you have any of the man himself that you took if you ever met him, as I know he visited friends all over the country whe he was well, please take the time to send them over to me, I am getting a little book printed to send to his wife.

vodkajellyATgmailDOTcom

His group name was Dave Doubleyew

Best regards

Helen.