Default Queen Mary

Attached Thumbnails
Queen Mary-queen-mary.jpg

In article ,
"Paddy's Pig" wrote:

begin 666 Queen Mary.jpg
[Image]

end

Now she's a ship, not a floating milk carton.

Tony Nazar added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Now she's a ship, not a floating milk carton.

Yep, sure is. I saw her when I was in So Cal in 1993, and I toured
the Queen Elizabeth when she was moored at Port Everglades in Florida
prior to when the Japs bought her and she sank at sea being towed
home.

As to the Mary, she must be anchored in concrete like many ship
museums I've toured as there is a BIG hole cut in her stern so that
vistors can look at the size of the port screw. I can't remember
exactly, but when I toured the engine room, I'd guess the size of the
shafts were around 2 feet in diameter. A truly huge ship and a grand
lady.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"Government is NOT the solution to our problems, it IS our
problem!" - Ronald Reagan

In article ,
"Paddy's Pig" wrote:

begin 666 Queen Mary.jpg
[Image]

end

Nice to see her. I had a trip to France on her sister ship, the Queen
Elizabeth. Wonderful memories of all the lovely wood on her. Then
returned on the United States with the only wood aboard, the butcher
block and the Piano.