posted to rec.boats.racing.power
Rombo

Default intermitent knocking noise in motor

i've just put in a new 454 (rebuilt) in my boat. it came out of a nova.
i changed the came to a 112 lobe center and put it in the boat. it ran
great. then started to sputter. i pulled the intake to find a bent a
rod. before that though the lifter fell off of te #4 Cylinder (intake
lifter fell off). i put it back on. then the motor began to knock. so i
changed the pushrods to 7/16 w/ bigger guideplates. i started the motor
and the knocking noise was still there. though it would come and go? i
don't know what would cause this.

further more i've got water coming into the motor. so i pulled off the
head to inspect. sure enough everything is fine. could the water be
coming from the hose i hooked up to the intake manifold? creating too
much pressure and sneaking into the valley?

PLEASE HELP I'M READY TO FILE AN INSURANCE CLAIM AFTER I SINK THE
F*^KING THING.