*Because **NYC** Could Be BETTER!!

Default 2/1 NO-to-RNC Planning PARTY

E-mail message

Subject: [Outreach4NoRNC]
Next NYC Summer 2004 Meeting:
Sun Feb 1 @ 3 pm

The next meeting to discuss NYC Summer 2004 will be Sunday Feb 1 at 3 pm
at the NYC AIDS Housing Network office. All are welcome. If you are new
to the project, we urge you to attend our orientation at 3 pm. The
meeting will formally start at 3:15 pm.

The address is 80A Fourth Ave. Between Bergen and St. Marks. Subway: 2,
3, 4, 5, Q to Altlantic or W, M, N, R to Pacific
We will be discussing the NYC Summer project,

100 Days of Democracy in Action. A countdown to the RNC, beginning in
June with a Festival of Organized Resistance with Youth Bloc, with 100
days of directly democratic and horizontally organized community actions
that will be sustainable and long term. And, culminate into a day of
city wide community action in September.

We will facilitate the actions by building a culture of solidarity
around the issues that the communities voice through a series of
Listening Forums (held in five boroughs across the city, hopefully
multilingual), focus groups, and qualitative surveys.

Our first three forums in February will be thematically organized around
the topics of Labor, Education, and Prison Injustice and Police
Brutality.

The website is

http://www.nycsummer.org. Email
for more information.

NYC Summer 2004 is a project that was conceived by the outreach working
group of the No RNC Clearinghouse, an ad-hoc city-wide coalition that
resists the RNC. See
http://www.rncnotwelcome.org and http://www.counterconvention.org.
yvonne liu | yvonne at riseup dot net | http://yvonne.liu.com
I am not wrong: Wrong is not my name
My name is my own my own my own
and I can't tell you who the hell set things up like this but I can tell
you that from now on my resistance my simple and daily and nightly
self-determination may very well cost you your life

-- June Jordan, Poem About My Rights

the above x-post is courtesy of the .sig-holder below but implies no
sponsorship of nor authorization for such of the above message which is
presented to the general pubic as a public service.

----Better LiVing Thru BeTTeR LiViNG!!---

GABRIELLI WINERY & VINEYARDS OF MENDOCINO For The BIGGEST BOLDEST &
SASSIEST REDS:

Zany & ZaFTiG ZINFANDELS +++ Sassy SYRIAHs +++ SEXY Sangiovese +++
Piquant PINOT NOIRs:

http://www.gabrielli-winery.com

http://community.webtv.net/rosaphilia/h2Rosaphilias