Default Yo - anybody want these things?

I just found some casette tapes - I got six Maxell XL90 minute and
five TDK D 60 minute.

Anybody want 'em? If not, I'm going to just chuck 'em.

On Nov 9, 2:13*pm, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:
I just found some casette tapes - I got six Maxell XL90 minute and
five TDK D 60 minute.

Anybody want 'em? *If not, I'm going to just chuck 'em.

As I recall, the "D"s were the cheapies... XL's were good ones.

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
I just found some casette tapes - I got six Maxell XL90 minute and
five TDK D 60 minute.

Anybody want 'em? If not, I'm going to just chuck 'em.

Tell us when you get to the 8 tracks.

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
m...

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
I just found some casette tapes - I got six Maxell XL90 minute and
five TDK D 60 minute.

Anybody want 'em? If not, I'm going to just chuck 'em.

Tell us when you get to the 8 tracks.

8 tracks? I have a whole passel of 'em.
Cleaned them out of the mother-in-laws apartment in the spring.
I meant to catalogue and list them on Kijiji or Craigs List

"Don White" wrote in message

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
m...

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
I just found some casette tapes - I got six Maxell XL90 minute and
five TDK D 60 minute.

Anybody want 'em? If not, I'm going to just chuck 'em.

Tell us when you get to the 8 tracks.

8 tracks? I have a whole passel of 'em.
Cleaned them out of the mother-in-laws apartment in the spring.
I meant to catalogue and list them on Kijiji or Craigs List

What a piece of crap design.

On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 20:53:37 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 15:35:17 -0800, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

8 tracks? I have a whole passel of 'em.
Cleaned them out of the mother-in-laws apartment in the spring.
I meant to catalogue and list them on Kijiji or Craigs List

What a piece of crap design.

The design was excellent, it was the market driven quality that gave
them a bad reputation. I have a genuine Lear 8 track cartridge that
has literally thousands of hours on it. It was elevator music in an
office.
There were also a lot of bad machines out there. The fact that radio
stations used "carts" that were the same basic design for decades
supports the strength of the design.

Radio station carts were only the length of the commercial, 30, 60
seconds, whatever. They didn't have to have a rewind. Have you ever
tried to rewind an 8-track to get to some part of a song you like
again, or to get to the song before the one you're listening to? Also,
you have a choice of either having a blank spot at the end of a song
before the next one waiting for the end of the tape for the track to
change *or* it would just change tracks in the middle of a song.
Usually the latter. And I won't even talk about jams.

What a piece of crap design. And it's the design, not the equipment.
It's fine for carts. Crap for consumer audio media. Casette tape was
a huge improvement.

Steve

wrote:

[...]

Was everything in life that tough for you, Steve?

What a whiner.

On Nov 10, 10:55*am, wrote:
On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:47:28 GMT, Steve wrote:
They didn't have to have a rewind. *Have you ever
tried to rewind an 8-track to get to some part of a song you like
again, or to get to the song before the one you're listening to?

You don't rewind 8 tracks, they are one way but I assume you were
trying to make that point.
On the other hand there are 4 songs available at any time.
If you don't like your music enough to listen to it all, why did you
load it on the tape?
I agree an MP3 player is preferable to any tape format but this was
1968. Digital sound was just a dream. The only people with computers
big enough to actually play an MP3 would have been the government or a
big corporation and that computer would weigh 10,000 pounds, filling a
pretty good sized room

8 track was a bad design. It relied on the tape slipping as it wound
up. So tape was always sliding against tape.

On Nov 9, 5:48*pm, HK wrote:
wrote:
On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 20:13:52 GMT, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

I just found some casette tapes - I got six Maxell XL90 minute and
five TDK D 60 minute.

Anybody want 'em? *If not, I'm going to just chuck 'em.

I have a couple Sony Beta cassettes while we are cleaning out old
oxide. Not sure what is on them but it is nostalgia. Sorry I gave away
the Deep Throat tape they were tossing in on a SL7200 sale in 1975.

I use a three head Marantz portable cassette recorder to record the
interviews I do for clients. But I have a half case of blank cassettes
in my supplies cabinet, so I don't need more. After I do my write-ups, I
bulk erase the tapes and reuse them a couple of times. Never liked
cassettes for music.

In 2008 most people are using electronic memory to record. But then
again, it's all a lie anyway......you don't work.

a few things paddleORdye Whitewater 2 September 7th 05 01:43 PM
Things you just can't do without! [email protected] General 3 July 29th 04 03:14 PM