Default Please excuse this OT post....

America says "No Sale!"
I have enormous respect for John McCain. He's a great American, but so
are millions of others who are not destined to be President of the
United States. Watching the youth and the enthusiasm represented in
the huge Obama rallies on Election night, it was easy to recall JFK's
speech about "the torch has been passed to a new generation". We not
only watched the first non-white elected to the highest office in the
land, we watched the wholesale repudiation of an exhausted campaign
strategy. One candidate emphasized (although not exclusively) who he
was and what he would do if elected, and the other candidate
emphasized (although not exclusively) who he wanted us to believe his
opponent was and what he wanted us to fear his opponent would do if
elected. We bought the negative campaign during the last two
elections, and we wound up with 8 years of George Bush as a result.
The old school politicians rolled out the same schtick this time
around, but America wised up and said "No sale!" That's the first step
in the right direction. The next step will be to search out the ideas
and principles that unite us so that we can all work together and set
aside, at least temporarily, those partisan political priorities that
we too often allow to divide us. Time for everybody to reach across
the aisle and shake hands.

Why?

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 22:11:23 -0800 (PST), Chuck Gould
wrote:

[...]

You saw one candidate get elected because the media were so biased that
even their own were commenting on it.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=6099188&page=1

Here is what one of our own said about the liberals and civil liberties.

**************************************
Doubtful.. they have already started censoring free speech, and have
vowed to take it further. What make any intelligent person think the
most liberal and extremely partisan members of congress, one who has
won through obvious, organized, criminal voter fraud, will be a
moderate now?

Groups such as Acorn will be exonerated.
Free speech for opposition will be squashed.
Frivolous investigations will be the rule of law, against one party..
Have you all not been watching?
The worst criminals will be put into positions of power.
The right for fair and private elections has already been destroyed, a
policy that will be enforced, funded, and excused.

Aside from that. I for one will be a better American than so many
members of the party or intolerance. I will call Obama my President, I
will try to support him when I can, and will pray for his success.
Again we have shown the world that we are above the prejudice and
oppression of our forefathers...

God Bless America.

Couldn't have said it better.

Oh, and there are a few here with whom I'd not soil my hands.

:)
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]

JohnH wrote:

You saw one candidate get elected because the media were so biased that
even their own were commenting on it.

Sorry, Herring, but your side lost because it had nothing to offer and
it ran a hateful campaign.
Senior Member

On Nov 5, 1:11*am, Chuck Gould wrote:
[...]

The whole premise is off. Since when have Pelosi, Reid, or Obama
"reached across the isle"? Do you really think they are going to start
now? Remember, during the first 6 years of the Bush admin, Pelosi and
Reid flaunted the fact that they were the "do nothing congress",
blocking each and every Conservative initiative. As soon as they took
over congress, they spent their time investigating (rummaging through
the garbage) of the opposition, or anybody who challenged them.. Right
up and through the campaign, and elevating their own crims to
positions of power (William Jefferson).

Chuck Gould wrote:
[...]

Except Kennedy picked a much older man for a VP just like Obama and even
Bush 2. Kind of like adult supervision.

Pelosi and Reid need to offer their hands first.

Boater wrote:
JohnH wrote:

You saw one candidate get elected because the media were so biased that
even their own were commenting on it.

Sorry, Herring, but your side lost because it had nothing to offer and
it ran a hateful campaign.

It is going to be fun sitting back watching the Democrats try and
implement their vision over the next couple of years. They have too many
groups they owe too much to. Also, Obama has picked some of the most
vicious partisans to be in his inner circle. Hell, it might even be
worth the cost of the ticket.

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 22:38:15 -0500, BAR wrote:

Chuck Gould wrote:
[...]

They need to *wash* them first.
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]

HELP: I Can't See My Post MWB[_2_] Tall Ship Photos 6 June 26th 08 02:22 AM
Post? Nickoli Cruising 8 November 30th 04 11:04 PM
First Post Abner ASA 0 November 2nd 04 05:21 AM
Even the NY Post!!! Bobsprit ASA 0 October 14th 04 01:25 PM
1st asa post Joe ASA 0 August 4th 04 04:27 PM