BoatBanter.com

-   -   Pennsylvania... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/99793-pennsylvania.html)

Boater November 5th 08 03:46 AM

Pennsylvania...

Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:

You know, Obama and I have a mentor in common, sort of, though I've
not met Obama and I doubt Obama met him, other than through his books
and acquaintances.

Obama never met him other than thru Wright's loose interpretation.

I don't think God ever said "god damn America" either.

God? You presume to think what a supreme being would say?

Eisboch November 5th 08 05:49 AM

Pennsylvania...

"Boater" wrote in message

It takes a community organizer to organize a winning campaign.

It took the genius behind the scenes, David Axelrod, to propel Obama to the
Presidency.
Thank God the process is over and maybe we can get on with more important
things like getting this country moving forward again.

Obama won by appealing to the frustrations of many people of all
backgrounds, races, and economic situations. He has made many Messiah-like
promises during his campaign that have emotionally lifted many and given
them hope. It's a very effective way to get attention and support.

Those hopes have now become expectations. He better be prepared to deliver.
Otherwise, he'll just go down as another glib politician, but will have
caused more harm than usual to the nation.

Eisboch

Jim November 5th 08 09:52 AM

Pennsylvania...

Boater wrote:
Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:

You know, Obama and I have a mentor in common, sort of, though I've
not met Obama and I doubt Obama met him, other than through his books
and acquaintances.

Obama never met him other than thru Wright's loose interpretation.

I don't think God ever said "god damn America" either.

God? You presume to think what a supreme being would say?

What he/she wouldn't say, you moron.

Jim November 5th 08 10:31 AM

Pennsylvania...

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

It takes a community organizer to organize a winning campaign.

It took the genius behind the scenes, David Axelrod, to propel Obama to the
Presidency.
Thank God the process is over and maybe we can get on with more important
things like getting this country moving forward again.

Obama won by appealing to the frustrations of many people of all
backgrounds, races, and economic situations. He has made many Messiah-like
promises during his campaign that have emotionally lifted many and given
them hope. It's a very effective way to get attention and support.

Those hopes have now become expectations. He better be prepared to deliver.
Otherwise, he'll just go down as another glib politician, but will have
caused more harm than usual to the nation.

Eisboch

We should know, for sure, soon enough if he's a fraud.

Eisboch November 5th 08 11:08 AM

Pennsylvania...

"Jim" wrote in message

We should know, for sure, soon enough if he's a fraud.

Those gifted with the ability to emotionally move and influence people in
the pursuit of power have a special responsibility for honesty and the
ability to deliver on the promises they make. If they fail, it is worse
than having never made the promise to begin with.

Judging by the reactions of many of his supporters, the future President
Obama has created a mountain of obligations for himself. Now it's time to
deliver.

Eisboch

Boater November 5th 08 11:18 AM

Pennsylvania...

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

It takes a community organizer to organize a winning campaign.

It took the genius behind the scenes, David Axelrod, to propel Obama to the
Presidency.
Thank God the process is over and maybe we can get on with more important
things like getting this country moving forward again.

Obama won by appealing to the frustrations of many people of all
backgrounds, races, and economic situations. He has made many Messiah-like
promises during his campaign that have emotionally lifted many and given
them hope. It's a very effective way to get attention and support.

Those hopes have now become expectations. He better be prepared to deliver.
Otherwise, he'll just go down as another glib politician, but will have
caused more harm than usual to the nation.

Eisboch

Obama has already performed his first miracle: he beat a campaign that
figured fear and division were good for four more years, and that the
American people would "go for" even an incompetent female running mate
because she represented "change," too.

I love the fact that what helped Obama as much as anything else was his
ability as a grass-roots *community organizer." Apparently the ability
to bring diverse peoples together in a common cause is a hell of an
attribute.

McCain was gracious in his concession and probably gave one of the best
speeches of his life, thus demonstrating *his* decency if not that of
his party.

Boater November 5th 08 11:20 AM

Pennsylvania...

Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:

You know, Obama and I have a mentor in common, sort of, though I've
not met Obama and I doubt Obama met him, other than through his
books and acquaintances.

Obama never met him other than thru Wright's loose interpretation.

I don't think God ever said "god damn America" either.

God? You presume to think what a supreme being would say?

What he/she wouldn't say, you moron.

You wouldn't know that, either.

Jim November 5th 08 11:44 AM

Pennsylvania...

Boater wrote:
Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:

You know, Obama and I have a mentor in common, sort of, though
I've not met Obama and I doubt Obama met him, other than through
his books and acquaintances.

Obama never met him other than thru Wright's loose interpretation.

I don't think God ever said "god damn America" either.

God? You presume to think what a supreme being would say?

What he/she wouldn't say, you moron.

You wouldn't know that, either.

That you talk like a moron sometimes? That's a given.