Default Oy!! What a day...

Wow - when I left at 3 PM after handing over the command reins, we
were almost at 92% participation according to the Town Clerk. She did
not have a final prediction because she didn't think we'd get back
70%.

First in thirty years it was this busy. The traffic was so bad, the
Constables were overloaded to I gave the local Chief a call and we
called the Fire Police out to handle lot traffic and parking and
positioned the Constables out on the main road to handle entry and
exit.

Eventually, the lots got jammed and we pulled all the trucks out of
the fire house, staged them down at the Fairgrounds and just opened up
that parking lot next to town hall. Called the school superintendant
and he gave us one of their 12 person vans to transport older folk and
those who needed a lift from the FD parking lot to the Towh Hall.

No major incidents like 2004 and only a couple of minor problems to
work through - smooth as a babie's butt.

Long day though. I'm gonna sit here, eat my tuna salad and slowly
absorb the day. :)

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
[...]

In the civic election we had last month we had the option of voting from
home by phone or computer.
Might be a way to ease access problems.

Tim Tim is offline

On Nov 4, 3:00*pm, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:
[...]

Very good.

Thankyou for your service, Tom.

Don White wrote:
[...]