Default ratio of working on boat to using it

I am now paying for deferred maintenance on my sailboat. Having
neglected to do the work a little at a time for the past two years, I
have had to spend every Saturday for the past two months dealing with
it. MAYBE, I will have her sailing this next weekend.
Am almost ready to drop out of local yacht club because they keep me
from doing maintenance. The coast is an hour from my house and
whenever I go to do work, I end up doing club stuff instead. Other
members are older and retired or have grown kids or they live adjacent
to it so finding time isnt an issue for them. I'd really rather spend
time sailing than going to meetings.

wrote in message
I am now paying for deferred maintenance on my sailboat. Having
neglected to do the work a little at a time for the past two years, I
have had to spend every Saturday for the past two months dealing with
it. MAYBE, I will have her sailing this next weekend.
Am almost ready to drop out of local yacht club because they keep me
from doing maintenance. The coast is an hour from my house and
whenever I go to do work, I end up doing club stuff instead. Other
members are older and retired or have grown kids or they live adjacent
to it so finding time isnt an issue for them. I'd really rather spend
time sailing than going to meetings.

You could do what my old skipper did. Join a premium club and have
professional people come and deal with every maintenance issue.
We would just show up with booze & grub, climb up off his finger slip onto
the boat, start the diesel and be on our way.
We would take off the sailcovers as we motored out of the fairly narrow
protected 'arm' and were ready to hoist sail 10 minutes later.
Return involved a bit of 'tidy up' work.