Jim Jim is offline

Default Imaginary lobster?

Boater wrote:
jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
jim wrote:
Richard Casady wrote:
A cursory search disclosed a 65 foot steel offshore lobster. I don't
think it's very Zimmerman like. Maybe longliner like. I am going to
imagine I wrote a check for the 200 000. If I lived in Maine, not
Iowa, I really would buy a fair sized lobster. Find some guys and send
them out on shares. There is a 20 footer for sale for $7500, but that
is a bit small. On a slightly related note, there is a used 19 foot
Boston Whaler for 35 000. An outboard. Those people are obviously
nuts. Buys like my two grand 22 foot aluminum sterndrive are not
particularly scarce. There are going to be a bunch of unemployed boat
owners. Maybe even an affordable 35 foot Zimmerman like Lobster. Or
ask Zimmerman to build a lobster like yacht. Whatever.

Casady

You never know. He seems to be in the process of liquidating his
assets. The LT boat will probably be offered up soon.

If you are referring to me, you're, as usual, wrong. I'm merely
clearing out some of the old for some of the new. I'm not a pack rat.
I always sell my desktop computers after a year or two.

As for boats, at least I would have a couple to sell, if I were so
inclined. You are boatless.

As a point of information, I am indeed looking at a new boat, and if
I decide to go ahead, I would be selling the other boats, but for the
canoe.

I'm sure if you pooled your resources with some of the other "done
nothing in life" types here, you'd have enough to buy a new rubber
ducky, eh?

You were doing so well up to your last sentence, where you completely
disintegrated into a puddle of poo. Sad to see that happening.

Ahhh...your Navy pension provides enough so that you could buy your own
rubber ducky? Good for you.

You're still in the poo puddle. Relax. Take a deep breath, and try again.

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:15:11 -0400, jim wrote:

Boater wrote:
Richard Casady wrote:
On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 11:03:06 -0400, Boater
wrote:

Richard Casady wrote:
A cursory search disclosed a 65 foot steel offshore lobster. I don't
think it's very Zimmerman like. Maybe longliner like. I am going to
imagine I wrote a check for the 200 000. If I lived in Maine, not
Iowa, I really would buy a fair sized lobster. Find some guys and send
them out on shares. There is a 20 footer for sale for $7500, but that
is a bit small. On a slightly related note, there is a used 19 foot
Boston Whaler for 35 000. An outboard. Those people are obviously
nuts. Buys like my two grand 22 foot aluminum sterndrive are not
particularly scarce. There are going to be a bunch of unemployed boat
owners. Maybe even an affordable 35 foot Zimmerman like Lobster. Or
ask Zimmerman to build a lobster like yacht. Whatever.

Casady

On drugs, eh?

On another note, I'm sure an experienced Iowa lake boater would have
an easy time of it out on the Atlantic off the coast of Maine. For
about five minutes. Then...they'd be searching for your body.

What part of send some guys out on shares didn't you read, dip****.
Lobster, or any other, commercial fishing is far too much work.

Casady

I hate to be the one that breaks this to you, but offshore lobstering
isn't like offshore swordfishing. Most lobster fishermen own and run
their own boats, or, if they own a small fleet, the other others are run
by relatives or close friends. Further, these smaller commercial fishing
craft sent out entirely on "shares" typically are owned by experience
lobstermen.

It's a bit out of the experience realm of an Iowa boater. Perhaps you
should consider running for the governor's mansion in Alaska, where you
apparently don't need to know anything.

I'm not an expert on this, but aren't you letting your sentences run on
a bit? Also your punctuation stinks.

Yup, but he's an expert lobster man. Hell, he owns his own boat, right? He
compares lobstering to swordfishing. Like comparing something to squeezing
smelly pustules. He's expert at all of them.
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
A cursory search disclosed a 65 foot steel offshore lobster. I don't
think it's very Zimmerman like. Maybe longliner like. I am going to
imagine I wrote a check for the 200 000. If I lived in Maine, not
Iowa, I really would buy a fair sized lobster. Find some guys and send
them out on shares. There is a 20 footer for sale for $7500, but that
is a bit small. On a slightly related note, there is a used 19 foot
Boston Whaler for 35 000. An outboard. Those people are obviously
nuts. Buys like my two grand 22 foot aluminum sterndrive are not
particularly scarce. There are going to be a bunch of unemployed boat
owners. Maybe even an affordable 35 foot Zimmerman like Lobster. Or
ask Zimmerman to build a lobster like yacht. Whatever.

Casady

2 grand aluminum's are at a premium, unless it is really thin aluminum.
There was a rash of stolen northwest alumium jetboats this year. Scrap
value of $4k

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 21:55:26 -0800, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

2 grand aluminum's are at a premium, unless it is really thin aluminum.
There was a rash of stolen northwest alumium jetboats this year. Scrap
value of $4k

Interesting you mention that - it had been happening around here -
aluminum boats stolen (if they were portable) and scrapped.

Not so much anymore, but for a while there, even the aluminum canoes
up at the Y camp were stored inside instead of just on the beach.

Ubú : Suite of the imaginary beings Gabriel General 0 November 30th 07 04:47 PM
Another Great Day on an Imaginary Boat Reginald P. Smithers III General 31 September 19th 07 12:04 PM
Lobster Boat MWB[_2_] Tall Ship Photos 4 July 8th 07 10:57 PM
Imaginary boat found! Roger Long Cruising 7 October 15th 06 07:47 PM