Default H Krause please comment

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 01:04:35 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message
om...

"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Further, I don't shoot at 200 or 300 yards. I shoot pistols and can
offhand a full magazine from my 9 mm SIG into a very very small
circle
at 25 yards, the "standard" pistol distance.

So can I, and I did it several times in a row at the Marines target
practice facility in Norfolk a couple of years ago.
First time ever for me.

What's the big deal?

Eisboch

Do you know what offhand shooting is?

Nope. Not a clue.

All I know is that they gave me a Glock 9 mm that holds what, 14 or 15
rounds or something like that?
We programmed the target holder for the standard 25 yards, and I fired
away.

I don't aim. The first three or four rounds are wasted walking "up" to
the target, but after that, I was consistently within three rings.

I don't know how I can do it, but I do. We went back several times over
the course of a week and the results were always the same. Even the
Grunts were impressed.

Impossible, can't be done. Especially by someone with a military
background
in the Navy. 8)

Hey - technically, I was in the Navy.

Technically. :)

You know where you can stick that technicality. We were taught better than
that. 8)

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 21:35:12 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

I don't know how I can do it, but I do. We went back several times over
the
course of a week and the results were always the same. Even the Grunts
were impressed.

Hand eye coordination is paramount in handling semi-auto hand guns -
you've got a good eye and your wrist and hand do what you tell them to
do.

Twitch reflex also has something to do with it - the higher the twitch
reflex, the more accurate your grouping will be.

For me, semi-auto handguns are a PIA - I have two, but I much prefer a
revolver - limited rounds, but I'm much more accurate with a revolver
than a semi-auto.

Back when I carried a Navy 1911 .45 - you didn't want to be near the
practice range when I was around. :)

Hell, even a city boy like me qualified expert with both the .45 and M1. I
remember my boot camp M1 score of 243 out of the possible 250. Won 25 bucks
from Leatherneck magazine for the highest boot camp score during that
particular year.

Of course you young wipper snappers wouldn't know anything about the M1.
8)

"D.Duck" wrote in message

Hell, even a city boy like me qualified expert with both the .45 and M1.
I remember my boot camp M1 score of 243 out of the possible 250. Won 25
bucks from Leatherneck magazine for the highest boot camp score during
that particular year.

Of course you young wipper snappers wouldn't know anything about the M1.
8)

All I remember of an M1 was doing some kind of exercise routine with it in
boot camp. I forget what is was called, but you did it in time to some
march music they played. Pushed it over your head three times, then
straight forward three times , then to the left, etc.

After an hour of this, the stupid thing felt like a lead bar.

Eisboch

D.Duck wrote:
[...]

French-Indian War vet, eh?

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 23:31:03 -0400, BAR wrote:

Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

When I was "of age" for the military, there was nothing happening
that required the homeland to be defended. There was that mess in
Vietnam, but that was a war we perpetuated by taking over from the
French, who got their butts kicked there and left.

Had nothing to do with the USSR, huh?

Eisboch

The Soviet Union was a minor player in the Vietnam War. It supplied a
significant amount of armament and materiel to the North Vietnamese, but
it had a small number of troops in that country. The PRC was a major
player, of course.

Yeah, all of those SA-2's and MIG-15's, MIG-17's and MIG-21's came from
the PRC?

Our insistence on propping up right-wing dictators didn't serve us well
in Cuba, Vietnam, Iran, Panama, Nicaragua or Iraq. The only major
fighting war we've had in a long, long time that made sense was George
H.W. Bush's Gulf War, and only because he had most of the world behind
us. And even that war had unintended bad consequences for us.

Communism has failed every where it has been forced on to the population
at the point of a gun too. I don't see you railing against it.

Looks like the man just left. A few facts scares the crap out of him.
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 20:43:17 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Boater" wrote in message

I doubt that many of those who haven't fired a firearm in years can just
pick one up, load it and shoot straight, unless the firearm is a shotgun.
I further doubt that many of those who fired a firearm years ago even own
a *serviceable* firearm.

And I could prove you wrong.

And I am just a hack.

Eisboch

Bicycle riding, after a 40 year break, wasn't too hard to pick back up. I
doubt if aiming a 30-30 would be much more difficult.

Of course, it probably makes one feel 'manly' to imply he's the only one
who can shoot. He forgets that most of us actually have some military
experience.

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 21:01:20 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Boater" wrote in message

Further, I don't shoot at 200 or 300 yards. I shoot pistols and can
offhand a full magazine from my 9 mm SIG into a very very small circle at
25 yards, the "standard" pistol distance.

So can I, and I did it several times in a row at the Marines target practice
facility in Norfolk a couple of years ago.
First time ever for me.

What's the big deal?

Eisboch

While he's loading and aiming his 9mm SIG, some smart guy will shoot him
from 350 yards with a rifle.

WAFD!

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 21:18:24 -0400, Boater wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Further, I don't shoot at 200 or 300 yards. I shoot pistols and can
offhand a full magazine from my 9 mm SIG into a very very small circle at
25 yards, the "standard" pistol distance.

So can I, and I did it several times in a row at the Marines target practice
facility in Norfolk a couple of years ago.
First time ever for me.

What's the big deal?

Eisboch

Do you know what offhand shooting is?

It's stupidity if someone is shooting at you. Prone, behind lots of
sandbags, is a much better position.

OT - No Comment Vito ASA 1 May 4th 06 04:03 PM
Another comment... Capt. Rob ASA 0 December 23rd 05 02:52 PM
No Comment... Bert Robbins General 0 October 20th 05 12:23 AM