BoatBanter.com

-   -   I'm glad fuel prices are dropping. (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/99312-im-glad-fuel-prices-dropping.html)

Tim October 18th 08 09:29 PM

I'm glad fuel prices are dropping.

it really feels weird to be buying at $2.45 at the pump. almost wierd
enough feeling with it dropping as when it was raising.

i wonder how long it will take for the overall petroleum-driven side
of the economy to get back into reason?

Tim October 18th 08 11:22 PM

On Oct 18, 3:29*pm, Tim wrote:
it really feels weird to be buying at $2.45 at the pump. almost wierd
enough feeling with it dropping as when it was raising.

i wonder how long it will take for the overall petroleum-driven side
of the economy to get back into reason?

Well, I should say that's what the wife filled up for in St. Louis
today. Here it's $2.75 per gal.

Canuck57[_3_] October 18th 08 11:27 PM

"Tim" wrote in message
it really feels weird to be buying at $2.45 at the pump. almost wierd
enough feeling with it dropping as when it was raising.

i wonder how long it will take for the overall petroleum-driven side
of the economy to get back into reason?

Enjoy, it will probably be short lived. I give it a week and it will start
climbing again. Either inflation or Opec....

Tim October 18th 08 11:30 PM

On Oct 18, 5:27*pm, "Canuck57" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

it really feels weird to be buying at $2.45 at the pump. almost wierd
enough feeling with it dropping as when it was raising.

i wonder how long it will take for the overall petroleum-driven side
of the economy to get back into reason?

Enjoy, it will probably be short lived. *I give it a week and it will start
climbing again. *Either inflation or Opec....

you could be right m'man. You could very well be right!

JimH[_2_] October 18th 08 11:35 PM

On Oct 18, 4:29*pm, Tim wrote:
it really feels weird to be buying at $2.45 at the pump. almost wierd
enough feeling with it dropping as when it was raising.

i wonder how long it will take for the overall petroleum-driven side
of the economy to get back into reason?

During our NE trip gasoline prices ranged from a low of $2.79 to a
high of $3.39.

The morning after we drove home the corner stations were at $2.49.

Tom predicted at this NG this several months ago.........nice call
Tom.

JohnH[_3_] October 18th 08 11:56 PM

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 13:29:44 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

it really feels weird to be buying at $2.45 at the pump. almost wierd
enough feeling with it dropping as when it was raising.

i wonder how long it will take for the overall petroleum-driven side
of the economy to get back into reason?

Funny how it was Bush's fault when gas prices went up, but I don't hear a
lot of praise for him as prices go down.
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]

Wayne.B October 19th 08 02:00 AM

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 22:56:39 GMT, JohnH wrote:

Funny how it was Bush's fault when gas prices went up, but I don't hear a
lot of praise for him as prices go down.

If we did that we'd have to praise him for the financial crisis as
well. I don't think so.

JohnH[_3_] October 19th 08 01:22 PM

I'm glad fuel prices are dropping.

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 21:00:54 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 22:56:39 GMT, JohnH wrote:

Funny how it was Bush's fault when gas prices went up, but I don't hear a
lot of praise for him as prices go down.

If we did that we'd have to praise him for the financial crisis as
well. I don't think so.

Well, he was blamed when the demand was high. He got the demand lowered.
Seems like the silver lining, wouldn't you say?

[email protected] October 19th 08 01:27 PM

On Oct 18, 6:35*pm, JimH wrote:
On Oct 18, 4:29*pm, Tim wrote:

it really feels weird to be buying at $2.45 at the pump. almost wierd
enough feeling with it dropping as when it was raising.

i wonder how long it will take for the overall petroleum-driven side
of the economy to get back into reason?

During our NE trip gasoline prices ranged from a low of $2.79 to a
high of $3.39.

The morning after we drove home the corner stations were at $2.49.

Tom predicted at this NG this several months ago.........nice call
Tom.

Let's see, as usual, you insulted the hell out of Tom, and as usual,
you realize you were wrong in doing so, but instead of apologizing as
usual, you just start sucking up.