BoatBanter.com

-   -   Reefs, Wrecks, Caves and Mermaids (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/99253-reefs-wrecks-caves-mermaids.html)

Wayne.B October 17th 08 02:09 AM

Reefs, Wrecks, Caves and Mermaids

For anyone who is interested, here are some dive pictures from our
recent cruise to the Exuma islands in the Bahamas:

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/3...102410apu9.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8...102812aku3.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8...404822amo7.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9...3r4e101mf1.jpg

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5...204420ahj9.jpg

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5...r20166axc0.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9...3r50072vm2.jpg

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2...r20145avh4.jpg

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8...104420apv5.jpg

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/8...r20040aui2.jpg

Tim October 17th 08 02:27 AM

On Oct 16, 8:09*pm, Wayne.B wrote:
For anyone who is interested, here are some dive pictures from our
recent cruise to the Exuma islands in the Bahamas:

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/3...102410apu9.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8...102812aku3.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8...404822amo7.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9...3r4e101mf1.jpg

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5...204420ahj9.jpg

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5...r20166axc0.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9...3r50072vm2.jpg

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2...r20145avh4.jpg

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8...104420apv5.jpg

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/8...r20040aui2.jpg

looked great, Wayne.

Looks like you had some good sceney and fun.

what is that metal wreck in this one?

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8...404822amo7.jpg

[email protected] October 17th 08 02:59 AM

On Oct 16, 9:27 pm, Tim wrote:
On Oct 16, 8:09 pm, Wayne.B wrote:

For anyone who is interested, here are some dive pictures from our
recent cruise to the Exuma islands in the Bahamas:

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/3...102410apu9.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8...102812aku3.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8...404822amo7.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9...3r4e101mf1.jpg

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5...204420ahj9.jpg

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5...r20166axc0.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9...3r50072vm2.jpg

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2...r20145avh4.jpg

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8...104420apv5.jpg

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/8...r20040aui2.jpg

looked great, Wayne.

Looks like you had some good sceney and fun.

what is that metal wreck in this one?

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8...404822amo7.jpg

Thats what I wanna do, combine my two great loves, sailing and
caving. What kinda boat were you cruising on?

Wayne.B October 17th 08 04:48 AM

Reefs, Wrecks, Caves and Mermaids

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 18:27:37 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

looked great, Wayne.

Looks like you had some good sceney and fun.

what is that metal wreck in this one?

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8...404822amo7.jpg

Wrecked twin engine C-46 aircraft at Norman's Cay, crashed landed in
the water by drug smugglers in 1980.

http://aviation-safety.net/database/...?id=19801115-0

Wayne.B October 17th 08 04:57 AM

Reefs, Wrecks, Caves and Mermaids

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 18:59:05 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Thats what I wanna do, combine my two great loves, sailing and
caving. What kinda boat were you cruising on?

We were there on our Grand Banks trawler.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...AaOGTlo0Zt2LlI

Tom Francis - SWSports October 17th 08 10:54 AM

Reefs, Wrecks, Caves and Mermaids

When you sent me that the other day, I meant to ask...

There are pictures of the mermaid, but where are pictures of the
merman?

~~ snerk ~~

Great images - wsa that a aircraft of some sort? Patrol plane maybe?

JohnH[_3_] October 17th 08 12:25 PM

Reefs, Wrecks, Caves and Mermaids

Very nice, Wayne. Thanks!

--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]

Jim October 17th 08 02:21 PM

wrote:

Thats what I wanna do, combine my two great loves, sailing and
caving. What kinda boat were you cruising on?

We were there on our Grand Banks trawler.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...AaOGTlo0Zt2LlI

Wayne, nice pics. One question though. Why did you choose a slow boat as
your mode of transportation. You could have done a low fly by in a plane
and gotten some great shots out the plane window. ;-)

Wayne.B October 17th 08 03:28 PM

Reefs, Wrecks, Caves and Mermaids

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:54:35 GMT, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

Great images - wsa that a aircraft of some sort? Patrol plane maybe?

Wrecked twin engine C-46 aircraft at Norman's Cay, crashed landed in
the water by drug smugglers in 1980.

http://aviation-safety.net/database/...?id=19801115-0

Norman's Cay was taken over by a big time drug smuggler named Carlos
Lehder sometime back in the 70s. He is alledged to have founded the
Colombian Medellin Cartel. They were running a trans-shipment
operation at Norman's and some of the planes didn't make it all the
way. :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Lehder

You can see the outline of the plane wreckage on Google Earth if you
zoom way in at Lat 24-35.667 by Lon 76-48.600

Wayne.B October 17th 08 03:39 PM

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:21:54 -0400, Jim wrote:

We were there on our Grand Banks trawler.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...AaOGTlo0Zt2LlI

Wayne, nice pics. One question though. Why did you choose a slow boat as
your mode of transportation. You could have done a low fly by in a plane
and gotten some great shots out the plane window. ;-)

Slow is relative. We have a SeaRay runabout and several RIB dinghys
for zipping around at speed, but you really can't beat a nice big
trawler for traveling long distances and living aboard. On a 500
mile offshore run the trawler will beat any speedboat I know.

If you can figure out how to get pictures of coral reefs, fish and
caves from a plane window, I'd like to buy that camera. :-)