Default question on a johnston boat motor for my father can anyone help me?

When he puts the key into the ignistion of the boat to start it, the
alarm from the horn goes on and it keeps ringing it won't stop for a
while, and then he has to keep turning it on and off until he gets the
horn to stop does anyone know how to fix this problem, that way it
wont keep doing that?

thank you,
miki

On Sep 25, 1:23*pm, wrote:
When he puts the key into the ignistion of the boat to start it, the
alarm from the horn goes on and it keeps ringing it won't stop for a
while, and then he has to keep turning it on and off until he gets the
horn to stop does anyone know how to fix this problem, that way it
wont keep doing that?

thank you,
miki

You'd have to do some trouble shooting, but I'd suggest looking at the
ignition switch.

wrote in message
When he puts the key into the ignistion of the boat to start it, the
alarm from the horn goes on and it keeps ringing it won't stop for a
while, and then he has to keep turning it on and off until he gets the
horn to stop does anyone know how to fix this problem, that way it
wont keep doing that?

thank you,
miki

You don't give the size, model, or year of your motor, so we have to "wing
it".l

Trace the wires from the oil tank and disconnect them at the motor. Then
then turn the key on and see what happens.

Bill Grannis
service manager

DK DK is offline

Billgran wrote:
wrote in message
When he puts the key into the ignistion of the boat to start it, the
alarm from the horn goes on and it keeps ringing it won't stop for a
while, and then he has to keep turning it on and off until he gets the
horn to stop does anyone know how to fix this problem, that way it
wont keep doing that?

thank you,
miki

You don't give the size, model, or year of your motor, so we have to "wing
it".l

Trace the wires from the oil tank and disconnect them at the motor. Then
then turn the key on and see what happens.

Bill Grannis
service manager

Bill (and Dave),

Thanks for hanging in there despite the attempts of others to destroy
this place with OT political BS and other assorted attacks.

Bill, do you follow Chuck's place? It's calmer there.

Thanks again.

On Sep 25, 7:13*pm, DK wrote:
Billgran wrote:
wrote in message
When he puts the key into the ignistion of the boat to start it, the
alarm from the horn goes on and it keeps ringing it won't stop for a
while, and then he has to keep turning it on and off until he gets the
horn to stop does anyone know how to fix this problem, that way it
wont keep doing that?

thank you,
miki

You don't give the size, model, or year of your motor, so we have to "wing
it".l

Trace the wires from the oil tank and disconnect them at the motor. Then
then turn the key on and see what happens.

Bill Grannis
service manager

Bill (and Dave),

Thanks for hanging in there despite the attempts of others to destroy
this place with OT political BS and other assorted attacks.

This from one of the most foul and crude member here who (prior to
this post) focused all his posts on attacks of other members here.

Nice try Dan.

On Sep 25, 8:58*pm, "RIP rec.boats" wrote:
On Sep 25, 7:13*pm, DK wrote:

Billgran wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Nice try Dan.- Hide quoted text -

Do you mean like attacking someone and calling them a bigot because
they have a lawn guy that's named Pedro? I just hired a guy named Sean
to do some painting, am I a bigot because he has an Irish name?
DK DK is offline

RIP rec.boats wrote:
On Sep 25, 7:13 pm, DK wrote:
Billgran wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

I see Warp17 is trying new handles and lies.