Default Do I want to buy...

Don White wrote:
"A Real Boater" wrote in message
. ..
Eddie wrote:
On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 14:48:34 -0400, A Real Boater
wrote:

...a new motorcycle?

I took a look at a few over the past couple of weeks, and one really
caught my eye...

I'm not interested in long-distance touring or off-roading. Kawasaki
makes a 649-cc twin that fits me nicely, and has plenty of torque in the
mid-range. I got up to 75 mph and the bike seemed to have plenty more,
but *I* didn't. Kawasaki Versys.

Any opinions on Kawasaki motorcycles?
Four months ago I bought a Honda Trail 90, 1977 model like the one I
used to ride as a cop. Don't laugh, 90cc was enough to patrol the
back trails and gullys at UC Santa Cruz which is located up in the
hills behind SC.
I ride it daily to/from work. Cost me $4.11 for the last days of July
thru August and into September.
Gets a little over 100mpg and my work site is 1.4 miles from my house.
I love my little CT90.
Oh, and I usually get her ripping up to a furious 35mph! Where are
you that you can go 75mph? I've been riding MC's for about 40 yrs,
all on small MC's. I'll stick to slow and easy. And safe!
Eddie

Go banana slugs!

We really can't go 75 mph here without getting a ticket...I just ran it up
that fast for a moment or so...

Good thing you don't live down Wayne's way...if you don't tow at 75 they run
over you. Can you imagine what they'd do to a motorcycle.

The main highway near where I live has dozens of roads that cross it
without traffic lights, and the traffic on the road is pretty heavy. Not
a good place to drive too fast...55 is what I do on most of it. But the
side roads around here are delightful and picturesque, hilly and curvy.

--
http://tinyurl.com/4q88t6
DK DK is offline

wrote:

[...]

Eddie,

Just so you know, you are replying to a narcissistic liar.