Default Palin Meets with Karzai

From:
Head of State
http://headofstate.blogspot.com/2008...h-afghani.html

Saturday, September 20, 2008
Sarah Palin Meets with Afghan President Karzai (Transcript)

"Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin will meet next week
with Afghan President Hamid Karzai in New York, on the sidelines of the
opening of the U.N. General Assembly, according to Afghan officials in
Washington."--Washington Post

TRANSCRIPT:

Palin: Oh, Mr. President, it is such a pleasure to meet you, you're the
first head of state that I have had the opportunity to meet--which is
more than many Vice Presidents--and I'm so glad that my first one is an
Afghani.

You know, in Trig's class there was a little Afghani? He was the child
of one of the oil executives, and he was so cute, with his little turban
runnin' around, everyone just loved him, and felt for him...

Karzai: Yes.

Palin: And everyone knew that we just had to defend him and keep him
free and that's why I think that with a Palin/McCain...

Palin Aide: (looking up from clipboard) McCain/Palin.

Palin: ...McCain/Palin ticket, we can make sure of that, if we have to
attack Russia, even, I mean, to keep people free at home, just like we
want to keep our people free. We have so much in common! I know you have
the problem with the poppies, and I understand because we have the same
problem with the crystal meth in Wasilla? And I said "Look, we've got to
shake this up!" and then that's exactly what I said: 'Look, let's just
see what we have in common with these guys!" And that's just what you
could do with the Taliban, Mr. Karzai. They've already so moral, and
they want people to live by the straight and narrow, and they've got the
newspapers sayin' and the schools doin' lots of the right things. They
just need to get some of the right ideas, and pray to the right Lord.
And, if they don't understand, we still have the weapons left over from
Iraq, and then we can't blink, we can't blink, can we, Mr. Karzai?

Karzai: (Looks at Palin silently without moving his head. Pauses.). Blink?

Palin: Right. The thing is, we just have to hit the ground runnin', Mr.
Karzai. That's what I do. A few weeks ago I didn't even know what a Vice
President does! That's why I put a clock on my wall--do you have the
same clocks as we do in Afghanistan? With the twelve numbers? (points in
air to numbers on air clock)--Anyway, I said "I'm gonna measure just how
much time I have left here" and that's what you could do, I think, with
the war, Mr. Karzai, is to put up a clock so you know just how much time
you have left until you finish it. I tell you, Mr. Karzai, it's such a
motivating influence on my staff, the good ones, anyway, they know what
they're supposed to finish and when, they hear me sayin' "Look at the
clock, people, look at the clock, and know what you have left to finish..."

Karzai: Yes.

Palin: And so I said to my husband, Todd--I call him the "First
Dude"--Do you have that word 'Dude' here in Afghanistan?--maybe it's
like "Khan" or "Emir" or somethin'?--I said to him, 'Todd, we have to
take a look at what's happenin' in Afghanistan--before McCain called or
any other thing happened--' cause I saw that Russia was right across
from us and then right next to that you have all the Stans (counts cross
fingers) Kyrgyzstan, oh, what's the others?--well, you are aware of
them, of course, Mr. Karzai (laughs)...

Karzai: (Nods)

Palin: And if we don't let other people know of what I'm aware of, then
the world won't change, Mr. Karzai. I know we have the same goals even
if we don't have the same God yet...(aide touches Palin on shoulder,
whispers). 'Even', not 'yet', I meant 'same God even', Mr. Karzai. And
my point is, we can't let others stop our choice, which is freedom for
those who deserve it, and that's why I know a Palin/McCain...

Palin Aide: (reaching over to touch shoulder)

Palin: Stop! (brushing aide's hand off)...McCain/Palin ticket will do
just what you want, Mr. Karzai...

Second Palin Aide Approaches: It's time for your next appointment, Gov.
Palin.

Palin: It was so good meeting you, President Karzai, and all of your
other people, it was so good meeting you too! Shalom! (waves, exits)

Karzai: (to his aide, in Pashto): She makes the last one look like the
Grand Mufti.

Cite:
--
http://tinyurl.com/4q88t6