Default Supra (PCM Ford V8) winterize question

I winterized my first "True Inboard" today (I've done many I/O's) so I'm hoping
I did things correctly.

I removed 5 drain plugs:
1 from the back of each mainifold
1 from each side the block
1 from a hose connecting elbow below the waterump

I ran a wire up each drain hole to clear out any rust. I disconnect 3 hoses that
meet at the thermostat housing area and poured in some anti-freeze. The boat was
out of the water and owner didn't want to start it so I couldn't fog out the engine.

I did squirt some fogging oil down the carb and in each cylinder and cranked it
over. I also added stabil to the fuel.

Did I miss anything that will bite me in the Spring?

Thanks
Larry

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 16:10:57 -0400, Larry W
wrote:

I winterized my first "True Inboard" today (I've done many I/O's) so I'm hoping
I did things correctly.

I removed 5 drain plugs:
1 from the back of each mainifold
1 from each side the block
1 from a hose connecting elbow below the waterump

I ran a wire up each drain hole to clear out any rust. I disconnect 3 hoses that
meet at the thermostat housing area and poured in some anti-freeze. The boat was
out of the water and owner didn't want to start it so I couldn't fog out the engine.

I did squirt some fogging oil down the carb and in each cylinder and cranked it
over. I also added stabil to the fuel.

Did I miss anything that will bite me in the Spring?

Thanks
Larry

I came across this. Maybe it will provide some more ideas.

http://www.boatus.com/boattech/casey/37.htm

or:

http://www.brokeboats.com/winterinboard.html

Good luck with it.
--
John H.

"Larry W" wrote in message
I winterized my first "True Inboard" today (I've done many I/O's) so I'm
hoping I did things correctly.

I removed 5 drain plugs:
1 from the back of each mainifold
1 from each side the block
1 from a hose connecting elbow below the waterump

I ran a wire up each drain hole to clear out any rust. I disconnect 3
hoses that meet at the thermostat housing area and poured in some
anti-freeze. The boat was out of the water and owner didn't want to start
it so I couldn't fog out the engine.

I did squirt some fogging oil down the carb and in each cylinder and
cranked it over. I also added stabil to the fuel.

Did I miss anything that will bite me in the Spring?

Thanks
Larry

Missed the last couple months boating. Oops, you may be someplace with real
winter.

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
m...

"Larry W" wrote in message
I winterized my first "True Inboard" today (I've done many I/O's) so I'm
hoping I did things correctly.

I removed 5 drain plugs:
1 from the back of each mainifold
1 from each side the block
1 from a hose connecting elbow below the waterump

I ran a wire up each drain hole to clear out any rust. I disconnect 3
hoses that meet at the thermostat housing area and poured in some
anti-freeze. The boat was out of the water and owner didn't want to start
it so I couldn't fog out the engine.

I did squirt some fogging oil down the carb and in each cylinder and
cranked it over. I also added stabil to the fuel.

Did I miss anything that will bite me in the Spring?

Thanks
Larry

Missed the last couple months boating. Oops, you may be someplace with
real winter.

I start my boat on the trailer using a fake-a-lake I made, didn't want to
spend the 40 or 50 bucks overton's charges. I bought a toilet plunger and
drilled out the rubber where the wood handle screws in. then pickd up some
pvc tubing, an elbow and a garden hose adapter. Made the one tube just long
enought where I can wedge the assembly between the driveway and the boat's
water intake. Works great.

As far as draining... only thing I do differently is using the shopvac on
the holes from the plugs. Oh yea I also removed the lower hose off the
water pump and run the shopvac through that. Probably a good idea to
disconnect the battery. In 15 years I never fogged the cylinders but I
usually don't winterize till mid december and get out in the boat again in
march... Drysuits are great!

How do you like your inboard? I haven't looked back since I bought my first
one.

Dennis

dennis meissner wrote:

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
m...

"Larry W" wrote in message
[...]

Calif Bill - Yeah we have real winters here in Central New York - they're
calling for frost tonight.

Dennis,

Thanks for your input. I'm a reformed car mechanic that started fixing boats at
near by lakes. I really like your fake-a-lake idea and may try to copy it.

I love the way the inboards I've worked on sit in the water and you can't beat
the sound of this V8 and some of the old wooden Chris Crafts.

Larry

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 20:38:41 -0400, Larry W
wrote:

Calif Bill - Yeah we have real winters here in Central New York - they're
calling for frost tonight.

Good grief.

I knew there was some reason I left.

Tim Tim is offline

On Sep 18, 7:38*pm, Larry W wrote:

I love the way the inboards I've worked on sit in the water and you can't beat
the sound of this V8 and some of the old wooden Chris Crafts.

Larry

perfect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQRa1I1-UVs

Tim wrote:
On Sep 18, 7:38 pm, Larry W wrote:

I love the way the inboards I've worked on sit in the water and you can't beat
the sound of this V8 and some of the old wooden Chris Crafts.

Larry

perfect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQRa1I1-UVs

That's the sound!

AT4 winterize question .. Thomas Wentworth Boat Building 1 September 14th 06 12:08 AM
4 Stroke Jet Ski winterize? Jodon2 General 0 October 27th 04 11:28 PM
Winterize question-oil change TOMMYDUN General 5 September 7th 04 12:08 PM
Supra overheating saltare General 10 November 19th 03 06:53 PM
question:perfect motor oil for my ford 302 alex General 9 October 1st 03 09:22 PM