Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Democrat "New Speak"...

Not content to stiffle legitimate discussion of Obama's ties to
Chicago corruption and his connections to Bill Ayers and Bernadette
Dohrn, we now have Orwellian "New Speak".

The original AP/Miami Hearld story:
-----

"Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius accused Republicans on Tuesday of
injecting race into the presidential campaign, arguing that they are
using “code language” to convince Midwesterners that Democrat Barack
Obama is different from them.

“Have any of you noticed that Barack Obama is part African-American?”
Sebelius asked with sarcasm. “(Republicans) are not going to go
lightly into the darkness.”

Sebelius was responding to a question from the audience at the Iowa
City Public Library about the tenacity of Democrats and whether they
would fight for victory as hard as Republicans in the closing weeks of
the election.

She did not elaborate on her comment."

The redacted AP/Miami story:
----

"Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius said Tuesday that a belief among some
voters that Democrat Barack Obama is different from them is hindering
his campaign for president.

Asked at a brown-bag lunch at the local library why the campaign is
neck-and-neck, Sebelius said “code language” raising doubts about
Obama is invalid because his life experience “has a lot more to do
with me and my family.”

“I think that the notion that, ‘By the way, have any of you noticed
that Barack Obama is part African American?’ I think that is for a
number of people difficult,” Sebelius said. “I think we need to talk
about the fact that that is a real issue.”

------

Hope. Change. Nuance.