Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Wall Street/economy question

With all the attention given to the financial meltdown in the media, I see a
lot of finger pointing and blame being directed at various people for the
lack of government regulation. Even McCain, this morning, acknowledged
that some level of regulation is required.

Here's what I don't get:

Congress has oversight responsibilities covering a broad range of areas.
Congress is also the legislative branch of the government, responsible for
drafting, proposing and instituting laws and/or changes as required. The
executive branch then enforces the approved laws.

Why don't we see any members of Congress responding to this financial crisis
with any form of proposed legislation?
I see them casting blame for the situation on either current or past
presidents, but I haven't heard of any of them .... Republican or Democrat
actually doing their job and taking action as required in their job/office
responsibilities.

EIsboch

Wall Street... A Boater[_2_] General 0 September 15th 08 08:39 PM
Wall Street Journal sez: hk General 0 August 10th 08 05:33 PM
As seen on Oprah, 20/20, the Wall Street Journal [email protected] General 1 August 8th 07 02:27 PM
Wall Street Journal on Mari-Cha IV Auerbach Boat Building 1 May 26th 05 06:07 PM
Wall Street says Kerry May Be Good Bob Crantz ASA 0 August 3rd 04 01:47 AM