Default The pain trickles up...

...The challenges facing our financial system today are more
evidence that too many folks in Washington and on Wall Street weren’t
minding the store. Eight years of policies that have shredded consumer
protections, loosened oversight and regulation, and encouraged outsized
bonuses to CEOs while ignoring middle-class Americans have brought us to
the most serious financial crisis since the Great Depression.

I certainly don’t fault Senator McCain for these problems, but I do
fault the economic philosophy he subscribes to. It’s a philosophy we’ve
had for the last eight years – one that says we should give more and
more to those with the most and hope that prosperity trickles down to
everyone else. It’s a philosophy that says even common-sense regulations
are unnecessary and unwise, and one that says we should just stick our
heads in the sand and ignore economic problems until they spiral into
crises.

Well now, instead of prosperity trickling down, the pain has
trickled up – from the struggles of hardworking Americans on Main Street
to the largest firms of Wall Street.

This country can’t afford another four years of this failed
philosophy...

Barack Obama

On Sep 15, 2:41*pm, A Boater wrote:

* * *I certainly don’t fault Senator McCain for these problems, but I do
fault the economic philosophy he subscribes to.

mccain, the champion liar of our times (after GWB), has already blamed
the meltdown on obama.

how did obama do this? mccain doesn't say....

On Sep 15, 4:39 pm, wf3h wrote:
On Sep 15, 2:41 pm, A Boater wrote:

I certainly don’t fault Senator McCain for these problems, but I do
fault the economic philosophy he subscribes to.

mccain, the champion liar of our times (after GWB), has already blamed
the meltdown on obama.

how did obama do this? mccain doesn't say....

Lehman Brothers gave 2.5X as much money to Obama as to McCain. In
general, the Dems have gotten far more money from failed lenders as
did repubs so it seems that the Dems are the culprits in this mess.
However, dont let reality get in the way of your fantasies.

On Sep 15, 7:39*pm, wrote:
On Sep 15, 4:39 pm, wf3h wrote:

On Sep 15, 2:41 pm, A Boater wrote:

* * *I certainly don’t fault Senator McCain for these problems, but I do
fault the economic philosophy he subscribes to.

mccain, the champion liar of our times (after GWB), has already blamed
the meltdown on obama.

how did obama do this? mccain doesn't say....

Lehman Brothers gave 2.5X as much money to Obama as to McCain. *In
general, the Dems have gotten far more money from failed lenders as
did repubs so it seems that the Dems are the culprits in this mess.
However, dont let reality get in the way of your fantasies.

which, unfortunately for you, has zip to do with the fact the
republicans wrote, and passed, the bill that allowed this to happen.
it happen in 2000, the bill was authored by phil gramm, republican of
texas, and economic advisor to john mccain. gramm's wife, by the by,
is a former board member of enron which went bankrupt, defrauding
hundreds of thousands of stockholders...again, under laws passed by
phil gramm.

so, other than not knowing what 'history' is, what do YOU do for
entertainment?

wf3h wrote:
On Sep 15, 7:39 pm, wrote:
On Sep 15, 4:39 pm, wf3h wrote:

[...]

Please...that's far too technical an answer for a card-carrying member
of the Boobus Americanus political society like O'Hara, who also wonders
why anyone needs electricity and why anyone objects to price gouging.
He's a true Republican.

That moment before the pain begins... John H.[_4_] General 2 July 5th 08 01:47 AM
Bottom pain thinning Roger Long Cruising 8 May 25th 06 09:55 AM
The boys a pain Capt. Rob ASA 0 January 13th 06 06:16 PM
Oh, the Pain, the pain!!! rgnmstr ASA 1 October 13th 05 05:02 PM
pain in the a$$ NH_/\)_ ASA 115 August 17th 03 02:22 AM