Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Tiny Speedboats

Back in the late '50's when I spent my summers rowing around fishing
in Bluff Lake in Illinois' Chain-O-Lakes, there was kid about my age
who had a little speedboat.
He didn't take it out often, and never bothered the fishermen, which
at the time were virtually the only lake users.
The boat looked to be for a single person, and had about 6" of
freeboard. Maybe 10' long, 4' beam.
He had a "huge" motor, maybe a 25hp Johnson or Evinrude. Not a Merc
for sure.
That thing would fly, maybe 50mph, and jump even small waves.
Had to be almost flat and the lake almost empty for him to take it
out. I got the impression he used it because he had it, not because
he particularly enjoyed it much. Never saw him out for more than
about 15-20 minutes.
Only one I ever saw. It was red, and I'm almost sure it was glass.
Ring any bells?

--Vic

Tiny heroin link Ellen MacArthur ASA 0 February 16th 07 06:35 PM
AutoTrim for speedboats Lovre General 1 September 7th 06 11:02 PM
Tiny Bubbles Bob Crantz ASA 0 March 5th 06 01:34 AM
tiny catamaran plans Allen H Boat Building 1 January 5th 04 10:47 AM
Little tiny sailboats! Primitive Bubble ASA 28 November 6th 03 06:39 PM