posted to sci.military.naval,rec.boats,alt.impeach.bush

Default McCain Lies His Way Thru Interview

Actual Boater wrote:

wrote:
: On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 09:05:45 -0400, Actual Boater wrote:
:
:
: I just *love* the latest rounds of taxpayer-supported bailouts of
: private corporations.
:
: So far, U.S. rescue efforts to stabilize the financial system and housing
: market amount to about $900 billion. If this continues, pretty soon
: we'll be talking some real money. ;-(
:
:
:If you really want your blood to boil, take that $10 billion a month we
:are pouring down the toilet of Iraq and think about what sort of impact
:that sort of expenditure would have on our economy if half of it were
:spent *here* on rebuilding our crumbing roads, bridges, hospitals,
:treatment plants, schools, wind power, solar power, nuclear power, et
:cetera, and taxes on the wealthy were raised to pay for it.
:

Uh, where do you THINK it's being spent?

territory."
--G. Behn

Fred J. McCall wrote:
Actual Boater wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Not on our crumbling roads, bridges, hospitals, schools, treatment
plants, airports, or on wind, solar and nuclear power for the United States.

The money being blown on materiel we are shipping to Iraq could be more
wisely spent on building solar power panels or electric cars.

Actual Boater wrote:

:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: Actual Boater wrote:
:
: wrote:
: : On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 09:05:45 -0400, Actual Boater wrote:
: :
: :
[...]

You really need to look into how this whole 'government' thing works.
Most of the things you cite are NOT done with federal government
funding.

:
:The money being blown on materiel we are shipping to Iraq could be more
:wisely spent on building solar power panels or electric cars.
:

Not really, no, since neither of those things is really ready yet.
Besides which, market forces will (and should) determine when stuff
like that happens, not government spending.

Although I suppose I wouldn't object to the government buying me a
car...

While you're looking things up, you should probably also take a look
at just what that $10 billion a month is spent on, where it's spent,
etc. You really come across as quite clueless.

territory."
--G. Behn

Fred J. McCall wrote:

Actual Boater wrote:

:If you really want your blood to boil, take that $10 billion a month we
:are pouring down the toilet of Iraq and think about what sort of impact
:that sort of expenditure would have on our economy if half of it were
:spent *here* on rebuilding our crumbing roads, bridges, hospitals,
:treatment plants, schools, wind power, solar power, nuclear power, et
:cetera, and taxes on the wealthy were raised to pay for it.
:

Uh, where do you THINK it's being spent?

Uh, Iraq? Is this a lame version of a rhetorical question, Fred?

-Jim

posted to sci.military.naval,rec.boats,alt.impeach.bush

Jim Elwell wrote:

:Fred J. McCall wrote:
:
:Actual Boater wrote:
:
::If you really want your blood to boil, take that $10 billion a month we
::are pouring down the toilet of Iraq and think about what sort of impact
::that sort of expenditure would have on our economy if half of it were
::spent *here* on rebuilding our crumbing roads, bridges, hospitals,
::treatment plants, schools, wind power, solar power, nuclear power, et
::cetera, and taxes on the wealthy were raised to pay for it.
::
:
:Uh, where do you THINK it's being spent?
:
:
:Uh, Iraq? Is this a lame version of a rhetorical question, Fred?
:

Apparently not, since your answer is incorrect.

territory."
--G. Behn