BoatBanter.com

-   -   OT-The Mouse and the Motorcycle.. (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/97964-ot-mouse-motorcycle.html)

HK September 12th 08 06:08 PM

OT-The Mouse and the Motorcycle..

wrote:
On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 12:33:36 -0400, hk wrote:

wrote:
On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 12:10:31 -0400, jim wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
"jim" wrote in message

I am a member of a Motorcycle group.. I thought this post would be
better than 90% of the **** we are reading now. So, if you don't like
it and only want to deal with the penis measuring contests and
political bull****, filter me... It's easy..
You are still reading the "****"? Why?
I check once in a while, using another reader that is not filtered, just to
watch the antics of the resident, hypocritical, loudmouth.
He's sorta like the Dems right now ..... frustrated and in desperation mode.
It's comical to see him recruiting his pals from:

alt.machines.cnc
misc.survivalism
rec.boats
rec.crafts.metalworking
alt.impeach.bush
alt.usenet.kooks
alt.abortion

and a couple of others, trying to stir up crap.

Then, he complains of "Off Topic" posts. Hehehe.. what a jerk.

Nobody here has badmouthed him since the experiment you initiated started.
No insults, no responses to his trolls. Yet, he continues to babble away,
mostly to himself now, hurling the familiar personal insults, even though
nobody addressed him.

As he would say,

"Delicious"

Hehehehe.

Eisboch

Kind of an interesting mix of newsgroups he subscribes to.
Im surprised he doesn't have Alt.unskilledlabor.brickstacking
or alt.selfhelp.writingfordummies
Hey Harry! They STILL can't stop talking about you!

It's like a fanblog.

"They" talk about me because they don't have anything else to talk
about...certainly not about their boats.

Must be pretty rewarding to get all that attention!

Honestly, I don't read most of their crap. I didn't "then," and there is
no reason to now.

HK September 12th 08 06:09 PM

OT-The Mouse and the Motorcycle..

Wayne.B wrote:
On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 10:31:59 -0400, Rowdy Mouse Racing
wrote:

So you are going to use "theory" to justify your activity here lately...

Pfffftttt. ........... PLONK

Not so fast please. "Jamesgang" happens to be one of our more
knowledgable powerboat maintenance experts here and rarely posts off
topic about anything.

You may not like his advice but I believe it was offered in good faith
and should be considered as such.

It is a mistake to think that everyone is interested in the same
things that you are. Let's try to keep it about boats most of the
time and set a good example for others - for the good of the group.

How are things going with that "boat turning" project ?

Apparently it didn't fall on him...yet.

[email protected] September 12th 08 06:29 PM

wrote:
So you are going to use "theory" to justify your activity here lately...

Pfffftttt. ........... *PLONK

Not so fast please. *"Jamesgang" happens to be one of our more
knowledgable powerboat maintenance experts here and rarely posts off
topic about anything.

Yeah, but he has been somewhat abrasive to me in the past, I don't
know what his problem is, but I doubt I will be getting too much help
from him if I run into a problem...

You may not like his advice but I believe it was offered in good faith
and should be considered as such.

It is a mistake to think that everyone is interested in the same
things that you are. *Let's try to keep it about boats most of the
time and set a good example for others - for the good of the group.

I thought it would be a great change of pace from the machine gun
crosspost fest we were suffering here... My example is sticking to the
agreement I suggested monday, formerly being one of the easiest
targets...

How are things going with that "boat turning" project ?

I noted earlier that I was waiting for a couple guys to come by,
probably over the weekend...

HK September 12th 08 06:30 PM

wrote:
So you are going to use "theory" to justify your activity here lately...
Pfffftttt. ........... PLONK

Not so fast please. "Jamesgang" happens to be one of our more
knowledgable powerboat maintenance experts here and rarely posts off
topic about anything.

Yeah, but he has been somewhat abrasive to me in the past, I don't
know what his problem is, but I doubt I will be getting too much help
from him if I run into a problem...

*You* are whining about someone else being abrasive towards you?

Chutzpah by definition.

Don White September 12th 08 07:23 PM

wrote:
[...]

That's more like it. Safety First!
ps: no beer until the job is done.

[email protected] September 12th 08 07:43 PM

wrote:
So you are going to use "theory" to justify your activity here lately...

Pfffftttt. ........... *PLONK

Not so fast please. *"Jamesgang" happens to be one of our more
knowledgable powerboat maintenance experts here and rarely posts off
topic about anything.

You may not like his advice but I believe it was offered in good faith
and should be considered as such.

It is a mistake to think that everyone is interested in the same
things that you are. *Let's try to keep it about boats most of the
time and set a good example for others - for the good of the group.

How are things going with that "boat turning" project ?

Ok, "maybe" I was wrong.. it might not have JG that gave me ****
before... and looking through his recent history, he has not been
involved with the recent cross-post, cut and paste fest so far.. I
will open my reader to him again, and see how things go. I just
thought it was silly to bitch at me for a friendly OT post, clearly
marked OT, about something many here have conversed with me about here
in the past, and nothing about the unmarked trolls, lies, insults,
vulgar, bull**** that is rampant here lately. And to suggest that the
present malicious, trolling, insulting, intellectually dishonest,
juvenile insult fest was of interest to more of us than something
genuine, is just silly...

Wayne.B September 12th 08 10:22 PM

OT-The Mouse and the Motorcycle..

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:43:48 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

And to suggest that the
present malicious, trolling, insulting, intellectually dishonest,
juvenile insult fest was of interest to more of us than something
genuine, is just silly...

Of course, we all know that. Put the primary perps in your kill file
or use Gene's news server and you'll never see any of it. Meanwhile
I'm still interested in boats - yours, mine, everyone's - OT, not so
much.

JimH[_2_] September 12th 08 10:28 PM

wrote:
And to suggest that the
present malicious, trolling, insulting, intellectually dishonest,
juvenile insult fest was of interest to more of us than something
genuine, is just silly...

Of course, we all know that. * Put the primary perps in your kill file
or use Gene's news server and you'll never see any of it. *Meanwhile
I'm still interested in boats - yours, mine, everyone's - OT, not so
much.

Why don't you guys act like adults........then get a life.

DK September 13th 08 04:11 AM

OT-The Mouse and the Motorcycle..

jamesgangnc wrote:
Why don't you go find a motorcycle newgroup? I mean this isn't even
political which one could argue theoretically should apply to anyone.

Why don't you learn to bottom post. Then you can STFU.

Wayne.B September 13th 08 05:10 AM

OT-The Mouse and the Motorcycle..

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 14:28:16 -0700 (PDT), JimH
wrote:

Of course, we all know that. * Put the primary perps in your kill file
or use Gene's news server and you'll never see any of it. *Meanwhile
I'm still interested in boats - yours, mine, everyone's - OT, not so
much.

Why don't you guys act like adults........then get a life.

What's that all about ?