BoatBanter.com

-   -   Check those brakes! (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/97901-check-those-brakes.html)

[email protected] September 11th 08 02:16 PM

Check those brakes!

Oh, and check those tie downs, too!

http://www.break.com/pictures/still-...ork569659.html

[email protected] September 11th 08 04:42 PM

Check those brakes!

On Sep 11, 11:12*am, wrote:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 06:16:51 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
Oh, and check those tie downs, too!

http://www.break.com/pictures/still-...ork569659.html

Who needs a trailer?

And it looks like it's self loading at that!

John H.[_5_] September 12th 08 12:10 AM

Check those brakes!

Looks like the tongue of the trailer broke. It would damn sure **** me off!
--
John H.

DK September 12th 08 12:55 AM

Check those brakes!

wrote:
Oh, and check those tie downs, too!

http://www.break.com/pictures/still-...ork569659.html

I can't believe how many boats I see on the road without transom tie
downs. I've seen smaller boats actually catch a bit of air when they
hit a bump. My new boat comes with straps and a transom saver from the
factory. If it didn't I would have bought them both prior to delivery
tomorrow. I had to do this when I bought my CC.

DK September 12th 08 12:56 AM

Check those brakes!

John H. wrote:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 06:16:51 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Oh, and check those tie downs, too!

http://www.break.com/pictures/still-...ork569659.html

Looks like the tongue of the trailer broke. It would damn sure **** me off!

I think the pole he hit had something to do with that!

[email protected] September 12th 08 01:23 PM

Check those brakes!

On Sep 11, 7:55*pm, DK wrote:
wrote:
Oh, and check those tie downs, too!

http://www.break.com/pictures/still-...ork569659.html

I can't believe how many boats I see on the road without transom tie
downs. *I've seen smaller boats actually catch a bit of air when they
hit a bump. *My new boat comes with straps and a transom saver from the
factory. *If it didn't I would have bought them both prior to delivery
tomorrow. *I had to do this when I bought my CC.

I person I knew when I lived in Florida took a 22 foot old boat out in
Tampa Bay fishing. Loads boat on trailer after fishing, never does
ANYTHING except hook the winch up, crank it on the trailer, leaves.
Going down Hillsboro Ave. in Tampa, hears a noise as he's stopping at
a light, looks in his mirror, and heres the boat beside the truck,
trying to pass him, grinding down the road!

[email protected] September 12th 08 01:23 PM

Check those brakes!

On Sep 11, 7:56*pm, DK wrote:
John H. wrote:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 06:16:51 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Oh, and check those tie downs, too!

http://www.break.com/pictures/still-...ork569659.html

Looks like the tongue of the trailer broke. It would damn sure **** me off!

I think the pole he hit had something to do with that!

Yeah, that's what I figure!

DK September 13th 08 03:33 AM

Check those brakes!

wrote:
On Sep 11, 7:55 pm, DK wrote:
wrote:
Oh, and check those tie downs, too!
http://www.break.com/pictures/still-...ork569659.html
I can't believe how many boats I see on the road without transom tie
downs. I've seen smaller boats actually catch a bit of air when they
hit a bump. My new boat comes with straps and a transom saver from the
factory. If it didn't I would have bought them both prior to delivery
tomorrow. I had to do this when I bought my CC.

I person I knew when I lived in Florida took a 22 foot old boat out in
Tampa Bay fishing. Loads boat on trailer after fishing, never does
ANYTHING except hook the winch up, crank it on the trailer, leaves.
Going down Hillsboro Ave. in Tampa, hears a noise as he's stopping at
a light, looks in his mirror, and heres the boat beside the truck,
trying to pass him, grinding down the road!

I don't doubt it. Why would anyone NOT want to secure their transom to
the trailer? They must forget that roads aren't perfectly flat and
trailers have *springs*!