BoatBanter.com

-   -   OT - ?? when did this happen, I must have missed it.;) (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/97831-ot-when-did-happen-i-must-have-missed-%3B.html)

[email protected] September 9th 08 01:54 PM

OT - ?? when did this happen, I must have missed it.;)

Anyway, I see we have a new rule here, is it because of Gene's server?

My readers 30 day trial ran out so this post won't show up there
anyway.

Anyone know of any decent free readers?

jim[_7_] September 9th 08 01:59 PM

wrote:
Anyway, I see we have a new rule here, is it because of Gene's server?

My readers 30 day trial ran out so this post won't show up there
anyway.

Anyone know of any decent free readers?

AIOE
ASTRAWEB
TERANEWS
MOTZARELLA

[email protected] September 9th 08 02:13 PM

On Sep 9, 8:59*am, jim wrote:
wrote:
Anyway, I see we have a new rule here, is it because of Gene's server?

My readers 30 day trial ran out so this post won't show up there
anyway.

Anyone know of any decent free readers?

AIOE
ASTRAWEB
TERANEWS
MOTZARELLA

Looking for a reader. Oh, and it needs to work with Vista;)

Don White September 9th 08 02:59 PM

wrote in message
On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 08:59:22 -0400, jim wrote:

wrote:
Anyway, I see we have a new rule here, is it because of Gene's server?

My readers 30 day trial ran out so this post won't show up there
anyway.

Anyone know of any decent free readers?

AIOE
ASTRAWEB
TERANEWS
MOTZARELLA

Those are SERVERS, not READERS, bonehead.

~~ Snerk ~~

Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. September 9th 08 03:05 PM

wrote:
Anyway, I see we have a new rule here, is it because of Gene's server?

My readers 30 day trial ran out so this post won't show up there
anyway.

Anyone know of any decent free readers?

Thunderbird

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

D.Duck September 9th 08 03:06 PM

wrote in message
Anyway, I see we have a new rule here, is it because of Gene's server?

My readers 30 day trial ran out so this post won't show up there
anyway.

Anyone know of any decent free readers?

Been using Outlook Express since it's inception. For basic Usenet,
especially text messages, it's just fine.

It's *OK* for the occasional binary, but admittedly is a little clunky.

HK September 9th 08 03:55 PM

OT- OT - ?? when did this happen, I must have missed it.;)

wrote:
On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 06:13:56 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Sep 9, 8:59 am, jim wrote:
wrote:
Anyway, I see we have a new rule here, is it because of Gene's server?
My readers 30 day trial ran out so this post won't show up there
anyway.
Anyone know of any decent free readers?
AIOE
ASTRAWEB
TERANEWS
MOTZARELLA

Looking for a reader. Oh, and it needs to work with Vista;)

My old 1.91 version of agent doesn't really get "installed" so I am
sure it would work fine with Vista and it seems to still work fine. I
think I only paid about $20 for it and I have been using it for years.
A great bargain. Some times "free" programs are worth exactly what you
paid for them.

[email protected] September 9th 08 03:58 PM

OT - ?? when did this happen, I must have missed it.;)

On Sep 9, 10:05*am, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of
Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. "
Anyway, I see we have a new rule here, is it because of Gene's server?

My readers 30 day trial ran out so this post won't show up there
anyway.

Anyone know of any decent free readers?

Thunderbird

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

That's what I'm using.

jim[_7_] September 9th 08 05:01 PM

wrote:
On Sep 9, 8:59 am, jim wrote:
wrote:
Anyway, I see we have a new rule here, is it because of Gene's server?
My readers 30 day trial ran out so this post won't show up there
anyway.
Anyone know of any decent free readers?

AIOE
ASTRAWEB
TERANEWS
MOTZARELLA

Looking for a reader. Oh, and it needs to work with Vista;)

OUTLOOK
OUTLOOK EXPRESS
FIREFOX

jim[_7_] September 9th 08 05:03 PM

wrote:
On Sep 9, 8:59 am, jim wrote:
wrote:
Anyway, I see we have a new rule here, is it because of Gene's server?
My readers 30 day trial ran out so this post won't show up there
anyway.
Anyone know of any decent free readers?

AIOE
ASTRAWEB
TERANEWS
MOTZARELLA

Looking for a reader. Oh, and it needs to work with Vista;)

Scratch Firefox
insert Thunderbird
or seamonkey

Rowdy Mouse Racing September 9th 08 05:23 PM

jim wrote:
wrote:
On Sep 9, 8:59 am, jim wrote:
wrote:
Anyway, I see we have a new rule here, is it because of Gene's server?
My readers 30 day trial ran out so this post won't show up there
anyway.
Anyone know of any decent free readers?
AIOE
ASTRAWEB
TERANEWS
MOTZARELLA

Looking for a reader. Oh, and it needs to work with Vista;)

Scratch Firefox
insert Thunderbird
or seamonkey

Yup, I did Thunderbird, just working on my filters...

John H[_7_] September 9th 08 07:10 PM

OT - ?? when did this happen, I must have missed it.;)

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 05:54:38 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Anyway, I see we have a new rule here, is it because of Gene's server?

My readers 30 day trial ran out so this post won't show up there
anyway.

Anyone know of any decent free readers?

Gene announced it yesterday, I believe, in response to a question I had
about all the name-calling attack posts showing up over there.

He's instituted an OT rule, and threatened to ban those who can't keep
their act together.

John H[_7_] September 9th 08 07:11 PM

wrote:

Anyway, I see we have a new rule here, is it because of Gene's server?

My readers 30 day trial ran out so this post won't show up there
anyway.

Anyone know of any decent free readers?

My advice is to try Agent, then pay the price. It's a good reader. $29
isn't a killer.

John H[_7_] September 9th 08 07:12 PM

http://www.forteinc.com/google/

RLM September 9th 08 08:40 PM

OT - ?? when did this happen, I must have missed it.;)

On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 07:58:02 -0700, LoogyPicker wrote:

On Sep 9, 10:05Â*am, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of
Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. "
Anyway, I see we have a new rule here, is it because of Gene's server?

My readers 30 day trial ran out so this post won't show up there
anyway.

Anyone know of any decent free readers?

Thunderbird

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

That's what I'm using.

you use Google

Richard Casady September 9th 08 08:46 PM

wrote:

Anyway, I see we have a new rule here, is it because of Gene's server?

My readers 30 day trial ran out so this post won't show up there
anyway.

Anyone know of any decent free readers?

My advice is to try Agent, then pay the price. It's a good reader. $29
isn't a killer.

Free Agent is the name of the freeware. I bought CostsDoughAgent ten
years ago and it has been good enough that I never bothered to upgrade
it. Last I heard for fifteen extra you could get a CD and paper
documents.

Forte.com

Casady

[email protected] September 9th 08 08:48 PM

On Sep 9, 3:40*pm, RLM wrote:
On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 07:58:02 -0700, LoogyPicker wrote:
On Sep 9, 10:05*am, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of
Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. "
Anyway, I see we have a new rule here, is it because of Gene's server?

My readers 30 day trial ran out so this post won't show up there
anyway.

Anyone know of any decent free readers?

Thunderbird

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

That's what I'm using.

you use Google- Hide quoted text -

I switch between Google and I also have a handle "Rowdy Mouse Racing"
which is Thunderbird or Agent depending, posting through Gene's
server..

RLM September 9th 08 08:56 PM

On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 05:54:38 -0700, justwaitafrekinminute wrote:

Anyway, I see we have a new rule here, is it because of Gene's server?

My readers 30 day trial ran out so this post won't show up there anyway.

Anyone know of any decent free readers?

http://pan.rebelbase.com/download/
http://pan.rebelbase.com/screenshots/

Thunder didn't come along and recommend it yet.

I've not known anyone to use it for Windows but I think it has some
advantages. I have stayed with an older version than Thunder. Choice is
the only reason. Oh! I read groups in tabbed view so each post is as big
as the whole screen. I increase the font size so it is easier to read.

The shortcut to do this is press "z" less the quotes.

RLM September 9th 08 09:02 PM

On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 12:48:05 -0700, justwaitafrekinminute wrote:

On Sep 9, 3:40Â*pm, RLM wrote:
On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 07:58:02 -0700, LoogyPicker wrote:
On Sep 9, 10:05Â*am, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of
Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. "
Anyway, I see we have a new rule here, is it because of Gene's server?

My readers 30 day trial ran out so this post won't show up there
anyway.

Anyone know of any decent free readers?

Thunderbird

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

That's what I'm using.

you use Google- Hide quoted text -

I switch between Google and I also have a handle "Rowdy Mouse Racing"
which is Thunderbird or Agent depending, posting through Gene's
server..

I replied to LoogyPicker. That is part of the problem with Google. It is
hard to follow threads.

[email protected] September 9th 08 09:04 PM

http://pan.rebelbase.com/download/ht...m/screenshots/

Thunder didn't come along and recommend it yet.

I've not known anyone to use it for Windows but I think it has some
advantages. I have stayed with an older version than Thunder. Choice is
the only reason. Oh! I read groups in tabbed view so each post is as big
as the whole screen. I increase the font size so it is easier to read.

The shortcut to do this is press "z" less the quotes.

Ahhhhh!!! Gnome.... BACK, BACK, ;)
Ran it once on a server, once..;) Like I said, I have Thunderbird and
Agent hooked up now.. Still deciding.. But for now still posting here
at google too.

[email protected] September 9th 08 09:08 PM

On Sep 9, 3:40*pm, RLM wrote:
On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 07:58:02 -0700, LoogyPicker wrote:
On Sep 9, 10:05*am, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of
Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. "
Anyway, I see we have a new rule here, is it because of Gene's server?

My readers 30 day trial ran out so this post won't show up there
anyway.

Anyone know of any decent free readers?

Thunderbird

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

That's what I'm using.

you use Google- Hide quoted text -

I switch between Google and I also have a handle "Rowdy Mouse Racing"
which is Thunderbird or Agent depending, posting through Gene's
server..

*I replied to LoogyPicker. That is part of the problem with Google. It is
*hard to follow threads.- Hide quoted text -

No prob, you were in fact correct, I have been posting google today..
Like I said, I am working with the T-Bird today, for a free program,
it seems pretty decent... Still stumble with some news reader
settings, but I think I got it down.

leo[_2_] September 9th 08 11:28 PM

wrote:

On Sep 9, 8:59*am, jim wrote:
wrote:
Anyway, I see we have a new rule here, is it because of Gene's server?

My readers 30 day trial ran out so this post won't show up there
anyway.

Anyone know of any decent free readers?

AIOE
ASTRAWEB
TERANEWS
MOTZARELLA

Looking for a reader. Oh, and it needs to work with Vista;)

My old 1.91 version of agent doesn't really get "installed" so I am
sure it would work fine with Vista and it seems to still work fine. I
think I only paid about $20 for it and I have been using it for years.
A great bargain. Some times "free" programs are worth exactly what you
paid for them.

I did, at one time, try out a newer version - 3.something. I'm glad I
had kept the 1.91, 'cause I didn't like the new one as well as the
old. I understand the newest versions have some nice capabilities, but
I'll just stick with the old one.

DK September 10th 08 12:56 AM

wrote:
Anyway, I see we have a new rule here, is it because of Gene's server?

My readers 30 day trial ran out so this post won't show up there
anyway.

Anyone know of any decent free readers?

Seamonkey - a mozilla product.