Tim Tim is offline

Default Organizing communities - now we know...

On Sep 5, 9:41*pm, hk wrote:

The Woodlawn Organization (T.W.O.) is a not-for-profit community-based
organization that consists of an alliance of block clubs, churches,
tenant councils and other civic and institutional entities organized for
the sole purpose of building a viable and healthy community.

4-H?

"hk" wrote in message
. com...
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
Always wondered what a community organizer does.

http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk...mericas-c.html

Now we know.

Some of us knew. Those of you on the right who live lives full of nothing
but self-indulgence. well, we wouldn't expect you to know about the
miserable lives millions of Americans lead. The community organizers and
organizations help them alleviate those miserable conditions.

They're an outgrowth of settlement houses.

But why would any of you wingnut turds know about those?

Maybe because some of us have been busy working, or starting and operating
businesses, creating jobs, paying taxes, raising a family and otherwise
being constructive members of society.

Why do you ask?

Eisboch

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 20:25:45 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Sep 5, 10:48*pm, hk wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
Always wondered what a community organizer does.

http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk...mericas-c.html

Now we know.

Some of us knew. Those of you on the right who live lives full of
nothing but self-indulgence. well, we wouldn't expect you to know about
the miserable lives millions of Americans lead.

I guarantee I know a lot more about it than you have made up or
googled.

The community organizers
and organizations help them alleviate those miserable conditions.

As long as you fit the mold... or are willing to lie..

They're an outgrowth of settlement houses.

But why would any of you wingnut turds know about those?

We do, more than you in most cases....

I can't figure out why your post here didn't show on Gene's server, but
Harry's post, in which he calls those on the right 'wingnut turds', did.
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. com...
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
Always wondered what a community organizer does.

http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk...mericas-c.html

Now we know.

Some of us knew. Those of you on the right who live lives full of nothing
but self-indulgence. well, we wouldn't expect you to know about the
miserable lives millions of Americans lead. The community organizers and
organizations help them alleviate those miserable conditions.

They're an outgrowth of settlement houses.

But why would any of you wingnut turds know about those?

Maybe because some of us have been busy working, or starting and operating
businesses, creating jobs, paying taxes, raising a family and otherwise
being constructive members of society.

Why do you ask?

Eisboch

Some of my "ancestors" were helped along by the community
organizers/settlement houses when they arrived in this country, and
unlike the Republican wingnuts, remembered that help once they made it
here and did their best to help those immigrants and others who followed
in their footsteps.

My great uncle on my father's side gave away just about all of the
fortune he made here to organizations that provide first-line help to
the needy. He was busy working, starting and operating a business,
paying taxes, and raising a family, and ended up owning a significant
chain of retail stores that operated from Maine to Atlantic City, and
spent his retirement giving away virtually every dollar of his assets.
When I graduated from high school (he never got to go to school),
instead of a fancy graduation gift, I got a very nice pen and pencil
set, an unabridged dictionary, and a letter from a charitable
organization telling me my great uncle had made a substantial donation
in my name. His children told me he did the same thing when they
graduated high school. He paid for their college, of course, but after
that, they were expected to make it on their own.

He was not a self-indulgent wingnut. Neither were his kids.

My mother was a first-generation American, and remembered the generosity
of her poor immigrant parents, even in the worst of times. Her father
ran a butcher shop in Boston. During the Depression, he made sure the
poorest families in his neighborhood didn't go hungry. When he died,
most of his estate went to charities. My mother was by no means wealthy,
but before she died, we worked out a plan that enabled her to make
substantial donations to a number of worthy organizations that help the
poor. Oh...my mother was a Republican, but an old style Republican, not
one of the modern, "I've got mine, so screw you" Republicans.

Over the many years I've been reading this newsgroup. I've not noticed
that very many of its wealthier participants ever mention what they do,
financially or otherwise, to help those who could use a little help.
Perhaps that is because most of those who post here are Republican
wingnuts.

That's why I ask.

hk wrote:

Over the many years I've been reading this newsgroup. I've not noticed
that very many of its wealthier participants ever mention what they do,
financially or otherwise, to help those who could use a little help.
Perhaps that is because most of those who post here are Republican
wingnuts.

That's why I ask.

The only person I have heard brag about what they do to help others is
you, and based upon the facts, it just isn't believable. I really think
if you have to talk about it, you probably aren't doing it. Sort of
like the virgins guys in high school who bragged about how much sex they
got. The smart guys NEVER talked about. The girls were more likely to
enjoy themselves if they didn't think they had to worry about the guy
bragging about it.

To be honest, I don't believe any of the stuff you just said.

"hk" wrote in message
. ..

Over the many years I've been reading this newsgroup. I've not noticed
that very many of its wealthier participants ever mention what they do,
financially or otherwise, to help those who could use a little help.
Perhaps that is because most of those who post here are Republican
wingnuts.

That's why I ask.

I see. So, according to you, the wealthier participants of rec.boats, in
order to not be tagged as a self-indulgent, Republican wingnuts, are
expected to give a full disclosure of volunteer work, charitable
contributions and "causes" to which they are involved?

I think it's none of your business.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..

Over the many years I've been reading this newsgroup. I've not noticed
that very many of its wealthier participants ever mention what they do,
financially or otherwise, to help those who could use a little help.
Perhaps that is because most of those who post here are Republican
wingnuts.

That's why I ask.

I see. So, according to you, the wealthier participants of rec.boats, in
order to not be tagged as a self-indulgent, Republican wingnuts, are
expected to give a full disclosure of volunteer work, charitable
contributions and "causes" to which they are involved?

I think it's none of your business.

Eisboch

Full disclosure? Of course not. Not even partial disclosure. My guess is
that most of the Republican wingnuts here are not really involved in any
charitable work that helps the poorest of the poor.

A Southern guy I know well, one of you wingnut types, told me he donates
to his church, and that is his charitable activity. Does his church help
the poor? Nope. It builds buildings, pays high salaries to its
ministers, buys them fancy cars, and sends "missionaries" out to convert
Christians to...Christianity.

I just wonder from time to time what "the rich boys" here do other than
indulge themselves. It would be nice to know that some participants,
especially the wealthier retirees, are "involved" in helping those who
need a little help.

hk wrote:
..

I just wonder from time to time what "the rich boys" here do other than
indulge themselves. It would be nice to know that some participants,
especially the wealthier retirees, are "involved" in helping those who
need a little help.

I donate my time, talents and treasure to numerous charities. Thanks
for asking.

hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Is your Dr. Dr. wife still spending half of her time doing "pro bono"
work? Have you ever considered actually doing something to help the
less fortunate instead of talking about doing something to help them?

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 06:52:42 -0400, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall,
Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. "
wrote:

hk wrote:

We do, more than you in most cases....

Prove it.

Harry, we have all heard it many times, but maybe he forgot, tell him
how your devote half of you and your Dr. Dr.'s time to providing your
services pro bono to the poor. Now I don't know what the poor are going
to do with cut and pasted articles posted in rec.boats, but I am sure
the local authorities would be concerned if they knew a social worker
was providing medical treatment to the poor. What does her employers
think about her spending half of her time pretending to be a doctor when
they pay her a salary to provide social services to the union members?
It really seems that she is stealing from her employer when she pretends
to be a doctor, doesn't it? Ahhhh what the heck, it is for the poor and
children.

You sure proved him wrong didn't you.

Good question. As he doesn't have me filtered, this will give him a chance
to reply.