HK HK is offline

Default There he goes...again, and again, and again...

From McCain's speech tonight:

"McCain invoked the five years he spent in a North Vietnamese prison. "I
fell in love with my country when I was a prisoner in someone else's,"
he said. "I was never the same again. I wasn't my own man anymore. I was
my country's."

Did you know McCain was a POW?
Senior Member

Default SPAM: wafaspam, desperation

..

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 22:02:28 -0400, hk wrote:

From McCain's speech tonight:

"McCain invoked the five years he spent in a North Vietnamese prison. "I
fell in love with my country when I was a prisoner in someone else's,"
he said. "I was never the same again. I wasn't my own man anymore. I was
my country's."

Did you know McCain was a POW?

He was right though. He was never the same again. He's mentally
damaged from the experience.

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 06:46:18 -0400, jim wrote:

wrote:
On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 22:02:28 -0400, hk wrote:

From McCain's speech tonight:

"McCain invoked the five years he spent in a North Vietnamese prison. "I
fell in love with my country when I was a prisoner in someone else's,"
he said. "I was never the same again. I wasn't my own man anymore. I was
my country's."

Did you know McCain was a POW?

He was right though. He was never the same again. He's mentally
damaged from the experience.

Damaged maybe. But not broken. You probably wouldn't have survived the
ordeal.

McCain himself, in his acceptance speech stated that he was broken. He
was broken and made statements against the U.S. during his captivity.

He thinks of Asians as Giooks, and uses that word when he talks about
them. he's been criticized for using that very offensive racist
terminolgy, but has refused to apologize or stop using it.

It's not his fault that he went through that ordeal, but the fact is,
he's damaged goods as a result.

wrote in message

McCain himself, in his acceptance speech stated that he was broken. He
was broken and made statements against the U.S. during his captivity.

He thinks of Asians as Giooks, and uses that word when he talks about
them. he's been criticized for using that very offensive racist
terminolgy, but has refused to apologize or stop using it.

It's not his fault that he went through that ordeal, but the fact is,
he's damaged goods as a result.

It's sad that some just don't understand, although it's understandable, I
guess, that they can't.

McCain told his personal version of his story, and of being broken after
months of hellish physical and mental torture purposely, to make a very
important point. And he told us of his learning of humility and the
weakness of *one*. He credits others for saving his life, understanding
his torture and giving him the strength to prevail. He has absolutely
nothing to apologize for.

Those experiences are what makes him what he is today.

As for the racist comments, I've never heard him utter anything like that as
a free, civilian. I am sure he did as a captive.
McCain was also instrumental in the re-establishment of relations with
Vietnam, many years later, I am sure you know.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

What is he today? A flip-flopper? A follower of George W. Bush?
A man without a single new idea?

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 09:12:40 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .

[...]

I did not say he owed anyone an apology. What happened happened, and
he sustained permanent mental damage as a result of that experience.
It's not his fault, and I don't blame him one bit. That doesn't change
the results though.

Those experiences are what makes him what he is today.

As for the racist comments, I've never heard him utter anything like that as
a free, civilian. I am sure he did as a captive.

It has been widely reported in the press. Both his use of the word,
and the attempts to get him to reconsider it's use. He stated
emphatically that he wil always call them Gooks.

McCain was also instrumental in the re-establishment of relations with
Vietnam, many years later, I am sure you know.

Which has what to do with anything above?

HK HK is offline

wrote in message
[...]

We should vote McCain in as president because, well, because he was a POW.