Default The bride

A woman walked into a bridal shop one day and told the clerk that she was

looking for a wedding gown for her fourth wedding.

'Of course, madam,' replied the sales clerk, 'exactly what type and

color

are you looking for?'

The bride to be said: 'A long frilly white dress with a veil.'

The clerk hesitated a bit, then said, 'Please don't take this the wrong

way,

but gowns of that nature are considered more appropriate for brides who are

being married the first time - for those who are a bit more innocent, if you

know what I mean? Perhaps ivory or sky blue would be nice?'

'Well,' replied the customer, a little peeved at the clerk's

directness, 'I

can assure you that a white gown would be quite appropriate. Believe it or

not, despite all my marriages, I remain as innocent as a first-time bride.

You see, my first husband was so excited about our wedding he died as we

were checking into our hotel.

My second husband and I got into such a terrible fight in the limo on our

way to our honeymoon that we had that wedding annulled immediately and never

spoke to each other again.'

'And what about your third?' asked the sales clerk.

'That one was a Democrat,' said the woman, 'and every night for

four years,

he just sat on the edge of the bed and told me how good it was going to be,

but nothing ever happened.