Default more drool from borowitz

On Aug 29, 7:03*pm, JimH wrote:
On Aug 29, 6:57*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:

"hk" wrote in message

Palin is not prepared and cannot be prepared, not for years. She is
starting at ground zero.

I knew virtually nothing about her until the networks started unofficially
announcing McCain's decision.

I did some Googling for a while, trying to get a feel for her background and
experience.

I am very impressed with her apparent successes to date, her humble
political beginnings and, above all, her apparent tenacity and courage.

But, she's a complete amateur in the field of global politics and
international relations. *Her degree is in Journalism for cripes sake!

As interesting, attractive, refreshing and innovative as she may be, we
don't need another amateur one heartbeat from the presidency in this age of
high stake international politics.

McCain has the right stuff. *But he is 72 years old. *What the hell was he
thinking?

Eisboch

What global politics and international relations experience does Obama
(the *head* of the other ticket) have?

Who is Putin rooting for?

BTW: A 66 year old VP candidate with untold health problems is just a
heartbeat away from the Presidency on the other ticket. ;-)

"JimH" wrote in message
On Aug 29, 6:34 pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

. ..

wrote:
On Aug 29, 2:29 pm, wrote:
On Aug 29, 1:44 pm, hk wrote:

wrote:
More drool from andy..
You might have started out in your usual stupid way, saying "McCain
didn't say that
McCain is right though, Obama has NEVER run anything successfully. He
has NO executive experience at all. Palin is at least Governor and
has that experience.

Actually, Palin has more executive experience than Biden and Obama
combined. Obama bringing this up only shows his inexperience and lack
of knowledge.

She is totally completely uniquely unprepared to fill McCain's shoes in
an
instant if he is disabled or dies suddenly.

My feelings exactly. What the hell was he thinking?

Eisboch

Dem ticket - POTUS candidate has less than 200 days in the Senate with
no executive decision making experience and limited foreign policy
experience.

Rep ticket - POTUS candidate has over 25 years US Congress experience
with a running mate with 2 years executive experience as governor of
Alaska.

You think the Dem ticket is stronger?

Please explain.

To understand my opinion, you have to at least understand my personal
criteria for qualifications, right or wrong.

Repeating myself (my opinion) ..... the office of POTUS is primarily
responsible for national security, defense and issues of common interest or
affect on the union of 50 states. Simple as that.

Obama is weak in national security issue experience. He filled that void
with his choice of Biden. Otherwise, Obama has excellent qualities of
inspirational leadership, a trait very important in the melding of divisive
priorities and chaotic world events.

McCain is (arguably to some) strong in national security issues and has
years of experience in working the "system".
But, he is 72 years old. He should have picked a much more experienced,
seasoned VP, ready to take over in the event McCain becomes unable to serve.
Instead, he picked a very nice, interesting, newbie to politics with
absolutely no experience in dealing with high level, international issues.

It's really a matter of common sense, to me, and has absolutely nothing to
do with being liberal or conservative.

Eisboch

"hk" wrote in message

On Aug 29, 2:29 pm, wrote:
On Aug 29, 1:44 pm, hk wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Liberal vs conservative............I never brought that up in my
discussion with you yet this is the second time you bring it up.

Common sense? It leans to ticket 2 IMO.

BTW: A 66 year old VP candidate with untold health problems is just a
heartbeat away from the Presidency on one ticket................

Common sense?

"JimH" wrote in message

On Aug 29, 6:57 pm, "Eisboch" wrote:

McCain has the right stuff. But he is 72 years old. What the hell was he
thinking?

Eisboch

What global politics and international relations experience does Obama
(the *head* of the other ticket) have?

The President's role is to set goals, objectives and "culture" of his
administration.
He appoints, hires and directs a team to achieve those goals.

Obama has the smarts and executive level thinking to do that. He, by
himself, need not be the "expert".
Biden, with his experience, will be a significant asset to Obama's executive
team.

That's the problem with McCain's choice. McCain himself may be qualified,
but the second in command isn't.

-------------------------
Who is Putin rooting for?
---------------------------

Who give's a rat's ass who Putin is rooting for?

Eisboch

On Aug 29, 7:29*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"JimH" wrote in message

[...]

How do you know Obama has the *smarts and executive level thinking*
abilities?

Because he looks good in a suit and delivers a nice speech written by
others?

Hell. even Hillary questioned his qualifications earlier this year.

Putin.........the enemy of my enemy is my friend........I thought
you knew that.

"JimH" wrote in message

---------------------------------------
BTW: A 66 year old VP candidate with untold health problems is just a
heartbeat away from the Presidency on the other ticket. ;-)

Absolutely true.

But, Obama demonstrated a much better executive decision making capability
by choosing Biden as his running mate.
It stands to reason that he would do the same again in the event Biden was
unable to serve.

2nd point ....

If Obama's only motivation was in winning the November election, Biden
would not likely be his choice. He could have virtually guaranteed a
November landslide by choosing Hillary. Instead, he chose someone to add
to his credentials and who could step in, if necessary with minimal risk to
the nation.

McCain didn't do that.

That's why I am having a major change of heart.

Eisboch

Senior Member

"JimH" wrote in message

[...]

The Georgians, the Pols, and several other small allies... As to the
experience, I think McCain can get around that by naming his cabinet
early. Neither Pres, or VP really do the research and make the
decisions. Their judgement and the folks they trust to bring them the
information is what really counts.. Obamas has shown some pretty
shakey judgement with who he has stated as his mentors and the crowd
he hangs with...

On Aug 29, 7:38*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"JimH" wrote in message

---------------------------------------
[...]

Although I think your logic is flawed.......to each their own.

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"JimH" wrote in message

---------------------------------------
BTW: A 66 year old VP candidate with untold health problems is just a
heartbeat away from the Presidency on the other ticket. ;-)

Absolutely true.

But, Obama demonstrated a much better executive decision making capability
by choosing Biden as his running mate.
It stands to reason that he would do the same again in the event Biden
was unable to serve.

2nd point ....

If Obama's only motivation was in winning the November election, Biden
would not likely be his choice. He could have virtually guaranteed a
November landslide by choosing Hillary. Instead, he chose someone to add
to his credentials and who could step in, if necessary with minimal risk
to the nation.

McCain didn't do that.

That's why I am having a major change of heart.

Eisboch

Good analysis. I believe you have stated that you are not a registered
anything. I am not either and never pull the straight party ticket.

"JimH" wrote in message

Liberal vs conservative............I never brought that up in my
discussion with you yet this is the second time you bring it up.

I threw that in hoping it would avoid misunderstandings and fruitless debate
that has nothing to do with this subject.

Eisboch