Default GOOD MORNING COASTIES!!!

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 01:28:32 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 19:50:51 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 00:04:13 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 18:37:20 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

There are some things we don't discuss in mixed company, Vic.

What mixed company would that be? :)

Aw, just shut up Jarhead.

Now is that anyway for a Squid to talk? :)

On second thought... :)

wrote:

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 18:37:20 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

There are some things we don't discuss in mixed company, Vic.

What mixed company would that be? :)

Aw, just shut up Jarhead.

Now is that anyway for a Squid to talk? :)

On second thought... :)

Hehe. Don't tell anybody else.

--Vic
Tim Tim is offline

On Aug 28, 5:16*pm, Vic Smith wrote:
On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:41:20 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

You mean you never got "frocked"?

Never heard of it. *Remember, I was a BT.
Enlighten me.

--Vic

"Frocked?" is that another word for "your turn in the barrel?
Tim Tim is offline

On Aug 28, 5:20*pm, JimH wrote:
On Aug 28, 6:16*pm, Vic Smith wrote:

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:41:20 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

You mean you never got "frocked"?

Never heard of it. *Remember, I was a BT.
Enlighten me.

--Vic

What is the Navy tradition with crewmen crossing over the equator for
the first time on a ship? *They showed it on the PBS "Carrier"
series.........something about polywogs.

After all the humiliating probing, and debauchery, you get a
certificate signed by Neptune Regis

wrote:
On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 16:39:48 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

Needs of the Army, needs of the Navy.
Same thing. Just as I passed the E-5 exam the Navy bumped subsequent
service needed to attain that rank to 12 months, so since I had only 9
months left I would need to do a 3 month extension to make E-5.
I left 9 months later as an E-4.

In "critical rates" like FT the Coasties had a 6 month time in grade
deal if your CO goes along. It was possible to be a Chief in 4 years
but you had to ship over to get the E7.
I had a few article 15 problems that had me holding the E5 card when I
was making the stay/go decision. I chose IBM and did the reserves for
a while. It was OK for a while but when they discovered an FT was
hanging out with the deck apes ORTAUG unit they moved me to an ORTEL
and I bailed the first chance I got. Imagine sitting in a warehouse
for 2 days a month with absolutely nothing to do. The ORTAUG had a 40
footer and two 22 footers they took out both days each month. I liked
that and would have retired in the CGR if they had just let me stay
there.
I was dual rated gunner's mate. I took all the correspondence courses
up to E6. (you can get bored on a WAVP bouncing around the north
atlantic for 5 weeks at a time). FTs are cannon cockers in the CG
anyway.

A guy I worked with was a plank owner on and a aegis curiser and a
destroyer before he had 7 years in and was an FT1. At 9 years they were
going to bump him to Chief but, his freaking nut job of a wife wanted
him to get out. They had no kids. I told him he should have divorced the
wife instead of the Navy. He could have been The Navy Chief if he had
stayed in, he was that good.

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 19:30:03 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On Aug 28, 5:16*pm, Vic Smith wrote:
On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:41:20 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

You mean you never got "frocked"?

Never heard of it. *Remember, I was a BT.
Enlighten me.

--Vic

"Frocked?" is that another word for "your turn in the barrel?

In the Army, 'frocked' means one is allowed to wear a rank insignia which
he's not legitimately earned, yet. For example, a Major may be selected for
Lieutenant Colonel, but be a few hundred down the list for promotion. His
promotion may not occur for several months. But the Army may want him to
command a Battalion, which is a Lieutenant Colonel's job. He may be
'frocked' (i.e., pin the silver leaves on) so he will at least 'look' like
a Battalion Commander.

Good Morning Thom Stewart ASA 1 February 14th 07 05:35 PM
Well...good morning.... Capt. Rob ASA 2 December 5th 05 03:47 PM
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE Thom Stewart ASA 15 April 25th 05 06:00 PM
Good morning fishies! Bobsprit ASA 8 January 29th 04 04:14 AM