BoatBanter.com

-   -   A Modest Proposal for...Gene (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/97285-modest-proposal-gene.html)

HK August 22nd 08 04:18 PM

A Modest Proposal for...Gene

It's reasonable to ask how you are filtering, but I don't think it
reasonable to allow posters to whine repeatedly about how the posts of
folks they don't like appear on your server.

Suggestion...after the third complaint from a poster about another
poster's posts appearing, block the whiner. :)

Jim August 22nd 08 04:31 PM

A Modest Proposal for...Gene

"hk" wrote in message
.com...
It's reasonable to ask how you are filtering, but I don't think it
reasonable to allow posters to whine repeatedly about how the posts of
folks they don't like appear on your server.

Suggestion...after the third complaint from a poster about another
poster's posts appearing, block the whiner. :)

Great idea harry. You've exceeded that threshold several times over. What
shall we do with you?

Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. August 22nd 08 04:47 PM

A Modest Proposal for...Gene

hk wrote:
It's reasonable to ask how you are filtering, but I don't think it
reasonable to allow posters to whine repeatedly about how the posts of
folks they don't like appear on your server.

Suggestion...after the third complaint from a poster about another
poster's posts appearing, block the whiner. :)

You really do like to try to control moderators.

[email protected] August 22nd 08 04:47 PM

A Modest Proposal for...Gene

On Aug 22, 11:18*am, hk wrote:
It's reasonable to ask how you are filtering, but I don't think it
reasonable to allow posters to whine repeatedly about how the posts of
folks they don't like appear on your server.

Suggestion...after the third complaint from a poster about another
poster's posts appearing, block the whiner. * :)

You'll be the first to go, especially with your name calling.

HK August 22nd 08 04:49 PM

A Modest Proposal for...Gene

wrote:
On Aug 22, 11:18 am, hk wrote:
It's reasonable to ask how you are filtering, but I don't think it
reasonable to allow posters to whine repeatedly about how the posts of
folks they don't like appear on your server.

Suggestion...after the third complaint from a poster about another
poster's posts appearing, block the whiner. :)

You'll be the first to go, especially with your name calling.

I believe you are #1 in the whining list, eh?

SmallBoats.com August 22nd 08 05:14 PM

A Modest Proposal for...Gene

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:47:34 -0400, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of
STP. " wrote:

hk wrote:
It's reasonable to ask how you are filtering, but I don't think it
reasonable to allow posters to whine repeatedly about how the posts of
folks they don't like appear on your server.

Suggestion...after the third complaint from a poster about another
poster's posts appearing, block the whiner. :)

You really do like to try to control moderators.

Harry only wants to talk to those who would patronize him, everyone
else is an idiot.. Once he gets involved in a thread, it's pretty much
shot.. save the one or two who he looks up to.

HK August 22nd 08 05:26 PM

A Modest Proposal for...Gene

STP. " wrote:

hk wrote:
It's reasonable to ask how you are filtering, but I don't think it
reasonable to allow posters to whine repeatedly about how the posts of
folks they don't like appear on your server.

Suggestion...after the third complaint from a poster about another
poster's posts appearing, block the whiner. :)

You really do like to try to control moderators.

Harry only wants to talk to those who would patronize him, everyone
else is an idiot.. Once he gets involved in a thread, it's pretty much
shot.. save the one or two who he looks up to.

Perhaps you ought to consider posting a few boating-related topics over
at Chuck's.

[email protected] August 22nd 08 05:53 PM

A Modest Proposal for...Gene

On Aug 22, 11:49*am, hk wrote:
wrote:
On Aug 22, 11:18 am, hk wrote:
It's reasonable to ask how you are filtering, but I don't think it
reasonable to allow posters to whine repeatedly about how the posts of
folks they don't like appear on your server.

Suggestion...after the third complaint from a poster about another
poster's posts appearing, block the whiner. * :)

You'll be the first to go, especially with your name calling.

I believe you are #1 in the whining list, eh?

Name ONE THING I've whined about, you lying piece of crap....eh?

Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] August 22nd 08 11:00 PM

A Modest Proposal for...Gene

STP. " wrote:

hk wrote:
It's reasonable to ask how you are filtering, but I don't think it
reasonable to allow posters to whine repeatedly about how the posts of
folks they don't like appear on your server.

Suggestion...after the third complaint from a poster about another
poster's posts appearing, block the whiner. :)

You really do like to try to control moderators.

Tried the same crap with me.

HK August 23rd 08 04:25 AM

A Modest Proposal for...Gene

STP. " wrote:

hk wrote:
It's reasonable to ask how you are filtering, but I don't think it
reasonable to allow posters to whine repeatedly about how the posts of
folks they don't like appear on your server.

Suggestion...after the third complaint from a poster about another
poster's posts appearing, block the whiner. :)

You really do like to try to control moderators.

Tried the same crap with me.

Yeah, you showed everyone...that's why you're averaging about one post
every two or three days where you "moderate." Good job, Brownie.