BoatBanter.com

-   -   Off to the boat (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/97161-off-boat.html)

Eisboch August 19th 08 12:15 PM

Off to the boat

Mrs.E. just informed me that it's going to be a "busy" day around the home
front today and suggested that I might want to pack up and go to the boat.

She probably has the hoard of landscapers, all armed with 2 cycle engine
powered trimmers, weed whackers and blowers arriving for a major clean up.

I am out of here.

Eisboch

[email protected] August 19th 08 12:33 PM

Off to the boat

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:27:26 +0000, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

all armed with 2 cycle engine
powered trimmers, weed whackers and blowers

Don't blame you.

Yup, only thing more annoying than that lineup is a 2 cycle chain saw.

Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] August 19th 08 12:41 PM

Off to the boat

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 06:33:37 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:27:26 +0000, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

all armed with 2 cycle engine
powered trimmers, weed whackers and blowers

Don't blame you.

Yup, only thing more annoying than that lineup is a 2 cycle chain saw.

I do a fall cleanup here at El Rancho De Moron and hire a local crew
to do it - if only because I hate raking leaves.

It is an experience. :)

RPSIII August 19th 08 01:07 PM

Off to the boat

Eisboch wrote:
Mrs.E. just informed me that it's going to be a "busy" day around the home
front today and suggested that I might want to pack up and go to the boat.

She probably has the hoard of landscapers, all armed with 2 cycle engine
powered trimmers, weed whackers and blowers arriving for a major clean up.

I am out of here.

Eisboch

Damn, do you have that woman trained or what?

Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] August 19th 08 04:06 PM

Off to the boat

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:55:28 GMT, (Richard
Casady) wrote:

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 06:20:19 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I'd rather have frontal electro shock therapy than rake leaves!! I
pick mine up with my lawn tractor's grass catcher.

My family has always, for many decades, just left the grass where it
fell. It has never been necessary to add fertilizer, as we don't bag
up the potassium and phosphorus and haul them away. Collecting
clippings is dumb. I have never understood why anyone awould want to
do it.

At Casa Del Looneybin, I alternate mulching the grass and collecting
it.

While I don't garden at all, my neighbors do and I let them have the
clippings for their compost piles.

Richard Casady August 19th 08 04:32 PM

Off to the boat

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 07:16:35 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Aug 19, 9:55*am, (Richard Casady)
wrote:
On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 06:20:19 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
I'd rather have frontal electro shock therapy than rake leaves!! I
pick mine up with my lawn tractor's grass catcher.

My family has always, for many decades, just left the grass where it
fell. It has never been necessary to add fertilizer, as we don't bag
up the potassium and phosphorus and haul them away. Collecting
clippings is dumb. I have never understood why anyone awould want to
do it.

I mulch my grass, I was referring to leaves of deciduous trees. They
smother the lawn.

It was a general remark, provoked by mention of a grass catcher. I
didn't quite accuse you of bagging the grass. Smother isn't really the
word, but leaves will kill the grass.

Casady

DownTime[_2_] August 19th 08 05:28 PM

Off to the boat

wrote:

I'd rather have frontal electro shock therapy than rake leaves!! I
pick mine up with my lawn tractor's grass catcher.

My family has always, for many decades, just left the grass where it
fell. It has never been necessary to add fertilizer, as we don't bag
up the potassium and phosphorus and haul them away. Collecting
clippings is dumb. I have never understood why anyone awould want to
do it.

At Casa Del Looneybin, I alternate mulching the grass and collecting
it.

While I don't garden at all, my neighbors do and I let them have the
clippings for their compost piles.

First it was El Rancho De Moron AND now Casa Del Looneybin!?!?!?

WOW, How many estates you managing these days? How do you find the time
for boating and a vacation?

Richard Casady August 19th 08 06:07 PM

Off to the boat

wrote:

I'd rather have frontal electro shock therapy than rake leaves!! I
pick mine up with my lawn tractor's grass catcher.

My family has always, for many decades, just left the grass where it
fell. It has never been necessary to add fertilizer, as we don't bag
up the potassium and phosphorus and haul them away. Collecting
clippings is dumb. I have never understood why anyone awould want to
do it.

At Casa Del Looneybin, I alternate mulching the grass and collecting
it.

While I don't garden at all, my neighbors do and I let them have the
clippings for their compost piles.

I no longer farm commercially, but it was a truism that you have to
replace everything you take away. Potassium and phosphorus have to be
replaced, while nitrogen is fixed by the clover and nitric acid,
generated by lightning, falls in the rain. Ammonium nitrate is good
stuff if you want a green lawn, a high corn yield, or lots of blasted
into small pieces iron ore.

Casady

HK August 19th 08 06:12 PM

Off to the boat

wrote:

[...]

A lot of the serious farmers hereabouts plant soybeans to replenish the
soil, I've been told.