Default Fay

DK wrote:
wrote:
Forecast has Fay heading our way into the Florida Big Bend (east of
Aplachicola) right toward Cedar Key). It is doubtful it will be a
powerful storm but most of us here hope it will dump a lot of rain to
mak up an 8" deficit for the year. Most of our lakes are very low so
the rain would help a lot. The big issue will be storm surge as this
part of the Gulf has the potential for extreme surge due to the
shallow waters. Development has been extreme since he last major
storm surge. Fortunately, development around here is tiny compared to
anywhere else on the FL coast and our coast is mostly wildlife
refuge. Any surge of over 9' and my boat is history because the docks
will float offa the pilings and I cannot put out anchors into my
canal.
Yesterday, I was in Panama City Beach foir th first time in years,
OMG, what an abomination it has become. You really cannot see the
beach due to the condos. They seriously need a cat 5 hurricane to
clean the beach.
I know the damned politicians will make us inland dwellers pay for the
rebuilding of those who are stupid enough to have expensive near water
homes.

Good news/bad news. The 5:00pm update has it farther west - it also has
it as a bit stronger storm with the additional time over water.

Should help Atlanta if it stays this course, too.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...?5day#contents

That trio that went through here (Orlando) a couple years back made a
believer out of me. I think maybe I'll lash my little aluminum boat to
a tree, fill it with water and hope for the best. All the big pine
trees near my house blew down in those storms (one ON my house). I like
the new path a little better.

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 17:39:51 -0400, RMR
wrote:

good luck to all who are in it's path..On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 17:10:46
-0400, DK wrote:

wrote:
[...]

It may help out northern Virginia also!
--
** Good Day! **

John H

Bill H wrote:
DK wrote:
wrote:
[...]

---
CRAP! Now it's comming right at me.

"hk" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 08:50:50 -0700 (PDT),

wrote:

[...]

Actually NOAA has it missing you by 50-100 miles. You probably will
get 4- 6" of rain and a little blowing but that will be about it. ...
assuming the current track holds

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap.../024613.shtml?

Vic, Wayne and I will be a lot closer to the landfall. It really looks
a lot closer to the Charley track right now. If that is still true
tomorrow night we should be looking at the south side of our house for
the stuff that will go for a ride but a little wobble can change that.

Well, I certainly hope you and yours keep safe.

Ditto!