Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Gould 0738

Default Planning the cruise is a lot of fun!

Soon as we get past the October issue deadlines, we're off and gone.

Since we enjoy taking a tax deduction for a portion of our boating expenses, I
need to do some "work" while we're away. Each year before we head north on our
longest cruise of the year, we try to pick out a combination of new things to
see and do as well as include major favorites from years past. Our goal is to
come home with a winter's worth of cruising stories done up and ready to go.

This year's itinerary is looking promising. We'll be visiting a remote island
that used to house a leper colony (if it rains- don't ask), the historic site
of a religious fanatic/conman's international communal headquarters, and some
windswept little islets that we've
motored past on previous excursions north. State and provincial parks, small
towns, empty coves, resort marinas- the whole gamut. Can hardly wait.

Planning the cruise isn't as much fun as getting underway, but the anticipation
is enjoyable.