Default Blow by blow is to....

On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 17:56:05 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Aug 6, 8:44*pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 17:34:47 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Aug 6, 8:24*pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 17:05:41 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Aug 6, 8:01 pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 16:42:10 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Blow by blow is to Jeff Beck as???

_________________ is to Jimi Hendrix

"Electric Ladyland"

BZZZZZTTTTT.... wrong....

and

_________________ is to Deep Purple

"Deep Purple"

~~ Yawn ~~

Never heard that album...

Got anything else?

Yeah, but I will wait for someone to answer this one first.. Huge hint
was in my origional question...

BBBZZZZTTTTT this, Shark Boy.

Never hard of "Deep Purple" - honest to pete - next time do some
research because you sure as hell don't know nuttin' about rock 'n
roll. * :

Oh man, I **** people off when I play Rock and Roll Trivial Persuit...

But anyway, I can be schooled, *Generally not by someone who's
favorite album is a cross between Al Yankovich and Roy Acuff, but here
is the challenge. Tell me why you said Electric Ladyland.. ? See if we
are on the same page..

I see a particular characteristic of Blow by Blow to Jeff Beck as I do
________ to Hendrix, and ___________ to Deep Purple. *(Deep Purple,
Smoke on the water, Highway Star, etc...) *What is that
characteristic? If you can answer that, you are good...

You can't make the characterization because "Blow by Blow" is
instrumental and considered "the best" of Beck. *As "Electric
Ladyland" is considered the best of Hendrix as "Deep Purple" is
considered the best of Deep Purple. *The assumption was that you were
looking for "best" and "album" - not content.

Oh, and BTW, I consder very little of Beck or Hendrix to be Rock and
Roll...

Of course you do. *Probably think Jerry Garcia was an upstanding
member of the Temperance Union too. *:)- Hide quoted text -

"The Best" is not at all the characteristic I was looking for.. Try
again. You need to dig a little deeper into the albums to get where I
was going.... "The Best" is too subjective.. I will give you a
few... You really need to be deeper into the bands and their
histories to get this one.. I don't think you are the guy.. I bet Tim
could knock it off, Mabey Loogie, but I doubt it..

Ok, here's the deal.

In a direct comparison test, which is what this is, you are trying to
define is the base parameters - this is to that as that is to...

In order to make appropriate comparisons, the terms of the question
have to have properties analogous to the series whose convergence
properties are known.

In this instance the known properties are "Blow by Blow" which is an
album written and performed by Jeff Beck. The comparisons are .....is
to Jimi Hendrix as ..... is to Deep Purple.

The known subject is an album by Jeff Beck which is considered his
"best" - thus the object comparison set must be similar, not
different.

What you are probably looking for is particular members of the
accompanying bands who all share X in common, that's an entirely
different construction.
HK HK is offline

wrote:
[...]

Wow...syllogisms from a semi-literate. What's next, taking the SATs?

wrote:

[...]

different construction.- Hide quoted text -

Ok, I guess it was never to be.. What I was noticing about the three
albums is they came at times of extreme change for each of the bands,
and have distintively different sounds than the rest of the works (the
signature sound) of each of the bands.. Blow by blow, is noticable
because it is instrumental, but so is wired. .Blow by blow however is
much more jazz fusion, and less rock and roll than most of his other
albums. Cry of Love is a much softer album than anything else, and is
much more musical and less rambling than most of Jimi's work. Come
Taste the band was during the whole Tommy Bolin adventures and had a
muc more funky feel than any of the other albums by Deep Purple..

A couple of other albums that would have worked here are Presence, by
Zep, and Steel Wheels by the Rolling Stones... subtile, nuance.. ...
Country boy....

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

[...]

The Dead was ok, but I was never a deadhead.. I like a couple of their
songs, most of their stuff I could listen to, but I wouldn't seek it
out..- Hide quoted text -

Hummmm, crickets.. must be off using the "Anti Christ" * *You won't
find it there ..- Hide quoted text -

Speaking of crickets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuCp9gmf5V8

wrote:

[...]

Sure. *Ok. * :)- Hide quoted text -

Are you going to tell me that Blow by Blow, Come taste the Band, and
Cry of love don't stand out as signifigantly different than the
signature sounds generally produced by the three bands?.. It's ok to
have missed that one, like I said, you would probably have to be a fan
of the genras' to have picked up on it.. Flat top boy

wrote:

[...]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuCp9gmf5V8- Hide quoted text -

Not my cup of tea, but great listening..
Jim Jim is offline

"hk" wrote in message
. ..

Wow...syllogisms from a semi-literate. What's next, taking the SATs?

WAFA

wrote:

[...]

I didn't "miss" anything - the parameters of your "comparison" are
faulty and obscure.

Something for the blow boaters.... Eisboch[_2_] General 9 October 16th 07 01:45 AM
Another Blow to Sloco! Capt. Rob ASA 20 August 30th 07 04:25 PM
Vegetable blow job CovvTseTung ASA 39 February 9th 07 09:42 PM
Our turn for a blow! Don White General 0 September 27th 03 09:20 PM
The Final Blow Bobsprit ASA 176 September 11th 03 02:15 PM