Default Large Hadron Rap - for SW Tom, Eisboch and other thinkers

On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 13:11:42 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

Right now I am watching a documentary about Nikola Tesla on the History
Channel.
Obviously, I am familiar with his work in electricity, notably the Tesla
Coil which led to transformers, but what I never knew was that he was one
strange dude. Many believe either a nut or a visionary, living and
understanding some things way before his time.

He successfully transfered electrical power wirelessly, lighting light bulbs
two miles away.
He had a concept the the entire earth could be electrically charged,
distributing electricity everywhere and anywhere without wires.

His labs and work were destroyed after his death because people thought he
was crazy. Now, scientists are revisiting some of his ideas.

I saw that. He was an electrical genius. Reminds me of Larry in that
he got so much right and so much wrong. That transmission idea makes
my hair stand on end, as it would have done to everybody.
Wasn't very charitable to Edison, revealing how he screwed Tesla.
Geniuses probably have ego problems. Just guessing.

--Vic

large kayakers mac Touring 0 April 20th 05 10:33 PM
is my propellor too large ?? Carl Harrison General 5 April 16th 05 09:49 PM
How Large for a 2nd Head? Thom Stewart ASA 12 July 19th 04 02:10 PM
Large rowboat for large family Paul Squire Boat Building 19 December 20th 03 04:10 PM
(OT) And for the open minded clear thinkers Capt. Frank Hopkins General 1 September 4th 03 06:42 PM