BoatBanter.com

-   -   New Trailerboat (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/96753-new-trailerboat.html)

Jim August 6th 08 04:06 PM

New Trailerboat

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
On Aug 6, 9:05 am, hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
On Aug 6, 12:51 am, hk wrote:
I realize there's not many here interested in boats, but there might
be
a few lurkers who are.
This is a factory-supplied photo of a new offshore *fishing* boat that
has just been launched by Parker. It is hull #1 of actual production.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...neous/newtrail...
Yes, those are twin Yamaha F350s on the bracket. The boat is a
34-footer
and does about 55 mph at WOT.
I don't know what the market is for this boat. It certainly isn't a
volume product.
The interior is far less Spartan than is usual with a Parker, but it
is
still a fisherman's craft, so it isn't like your typical bubble boat
in
the main or forward cabin. The head, sink and shower are enclosed,
there's a vee-berth forward, there's an actual mechanical/plumbing
room.
Main cabin has a command chair and a large area for electronics.
There's
a wrap around bench and table, and a sink, stove,
refrigerator/freezer.
That's what is easily visible.
The cockpit has a large and pretty fancy (for Parker) 2nd command
console.
Pretty hefty trailer and tow vehicle, probably NOT an F150.
I thought you tried to get people here to believe you are quite the
accomplished photographer?
There is so much wrong with that picture that I don't know where to
begin.
-----------------------------
You missed the "factory supplied photo" part of his post.
Eisboch
Crikey...look at all the fun I am missing by filtering out Loogy and the
rest of the SevenLittleSchitts. :)- Hide quoted text -

You don't filter anybody, you answered me directly yesterday. Stll
have to wonder about the couple of posters playing with you and thus
encouraging the vial filth that you spew over our group and our
families.. Kind of like watching your neighbor get robbed and doing
nothing because you have an alarm system and know it wont happen to
you.

I don't filter *you,* even though you have attained full membership in the
SevenLittleSchitts as first alternate. I do read a few of your posts,
because I find you a really bizarre fellow and as I have stated
previously, I like to observe the behavior (from a distance) of deviants.

My favorite deviant around here is Larry, of course, but Larry's
bizarreness, as it were, is part of his really funny personality, plus
Larry is very smart and knowledgeable on any number of interesting
subjects, and I don't think he has a mean bone in his body. I've had my
disagreements with Larry over the years, but I really like him, and if I
ever get to Charleston again, I plan to look him up. We could get into a
hell of a lot of trouble together.

You and your fellow SevenLittleSchitts, on the other hand, don't seem very
bright, and I've never noticed that any of you seem to know much about
anything. Your boy Reggie is a coward and your other boy Loogie is no
brighter than a 2x4. The rest of the SevenLittleSchitts add up to a
cipher.

Let me put it in terms even you might understand. If I were to travel
through space, I'd take my towel and Larry, because I think he could make
just about anything work properly, or at least blow it up in colorful
fashion.

I don't think you could build a sawhorse.

What I like about Larry is that he is the genuine article. WYSIWYG. You two
are polar opposites. Larry was a pleasure to meet. I'd want to put on a
contamination suit before I'd get within 50 feet of you.

HK August 6th 08 05:01 PM

New Trailerboat

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 08:20:18 -0400, hk wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 06:26:09 -0400, hk wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
. ..

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...railerboat.jpg

Yes, those are twin Yamaha F350s on the bracket. The boat is a 34-footer
and does about 55 mph at WOT.

I don't know what the market is for this boat. It certainly isn't a volume
product.

The interior is far less Spartan than is usual with a Parker, but it is
still a fisherman's craft, so it isn't like your typical bubble boat in
the main or forward cabin. The head, sink and shower are enclosed, there's
a vee-berth forward, there's an actual mechanical/plumbing room.
Main cabin has a command chair and a large area for electronics. There's a
wrap around bench and table, and a sink, stove, refrigerator/freezer.
That's what is easily visible.

The cockpit has a large and pretty fancy (for Parker) 2nd command console.

Pretty hefty trailer and tow vehicle, probably NOT an F150.
I know you like Parkers, which is fine, but to me, this simply looks like a
big, obese and overgrown version of the 25 footer.

The huge Yamaha outboards further reinforce that image. It might look
better if it was set up with twin inboard diesels. Some larger boats, like
a Yellowfin 34 or 36 CC offshore fishing boat look natural with big
outboards and they preserve space for fishing and gear. IMO, the Parker
just doesn't look right with twin monsterous outboards.

Maybe it's just the picture, sitting on the trailer with the tow vehicle
shown in relationship to the boat/engines setup.
It almost looks fake.
One either likes the way Parkers look...or one doesn't.
That's very true.

I've been on the 23 T Big Bay boat that Parker makes - rugged, tough,
no nonsense fishing boat - it's impressive and I like the way it
looks. The 2100 is a nice boat for it's size too.

If only they would change the color. That off white just doesn't do
it for me. :)

Hey. it's not a bubble boat, that's for sure. :)
Depends on your definition of bubble boat. All that cabin up from
with that hot house cabin (which is something I've never understood -
every cabin Parker I've been on is hot as hell inside and you have to
keep the boat moving to get any ventilation) it might as well be a
bubble boat even if it doesn't look like a classic bubble boat.

Interesting. When I owned one, I'd go into the main cabin in the hot
summer to get away from the heat. It was much cooler inside the cabin
with the opening front and side glass.

White, as you know, reflects heat.

Hey...these are fiberglass boats, white as God intended such boats to be.

The Big Bay, btw, is a mod-vee hull, and isn't as deep in the cockpit
(or the bottom) as the deep vees.

Of course they aren't - it's a mod V just like mine. Different type
of boat entirely.

That 23' hull is now available as a work boat, with absolutely nothing
on the interior deck. No console, no rigging, no nothing. There's a 21'
version now, too. Workboat market.

Parker's aren't white. Or what I consider white. :)

Neither are "white people."

HK August 6th 08 05:15 PM

New Trailerboat

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 08:10:23 -0400, hk wrote:

Eisboch wrote:

Although I do like the way they extended the hull through to the
bracket - that's pretty interesting.

They had to. I was studying that also. It needs those massive extensions
to the main stringers to support the weight of those engines.

The bracket is exactly the same design as the one I had on my 25-foot
Parker, just larger. The bracket is designed and built that way to add
buoyancy at the stern when the boat is at rest. What you are seeing is
NOT a bracket for the outboards resting on a hull extension, but, in
fact, the bracket itself. It is through-bolted to the transom with hefty
stainless steel bolts about every inch and a half along the flat
portion. At least it was on my Parker. Therefore, there are no "massive
extensions to the main stringers to support the weight of the engines."

It could be, but I'd suspect that Eisboch is right - it almost has to
be attached directly to the stringers. There's a lot of leverage on
that stern for it not to be supported by the hull stringers.

There is no real way to tell from the images, but I do like the
concept of extending the hull form to the bracket. One of the
complaints I've always had about outboard brackets similar to the ones
on the Vector series Hydra-Sports is that they tend to bury the engine
on take off and coming off plane. Even playing with the trim doesn't
help any.

Extra buoyancy under the bracket is a good thing - interesting
application.

There are several manufacturers of brackets with flotation chambers.
Parker uses two of them that I know of to produce its custom designs.

HK August 6th 08 05:16 PM

New Trailerboat

wrote:
On Aug 6, 10:47 am, wrote:
On Aug 6, 8:54 am, "Eisboch" wrote:

wrote in message
On Aug 6, 12:51 am, hk wrote:
[...]
Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

Nah, I didn't miss it, Harry has lauded his Photoshop abilities right
along side his photographic abilities. I've not seen a thing from him
ever that would lead one to believe he has skills in either. I have
seen things from him that would lead one to believe he DOESN'T have
the skills he claims though, such as crappy badly lit posed pictures
and pictures he's posted as his own that actually were hijacked from a
pro's site.- Hide quoted text -

Wafa's skills are propaganda. He made his way on the sweat of the
rednecks he puts down so often, good hard working folks.. He really
has never shown any skills in any field here that I can remember and I
have been reading this list a long time. The one redeeming quality he
has is he can interpret and rewrite what he googles to make it look
like he knows what he is talking about.

I am working again on my reader. My filters will include wafa, salty,
jimh, and kanter for starters. I respect loyalty and decency so my
list will also include anyone who can hold their nose and play with
them too....

snerk

Don't forget to filter out the cowardly "anonymous" posters here.

HK August 6th 08 05:17 PM

New Trailerboat

wrote:
On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 08:06:00 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Aug 6, 10:47 am, wrote:
On Aug 6, 8:54 am, "Eisboch" wrote:

wrote in message
On Aug 6, 12:51 am, hk wrote:
[...]

I can hardly wait! Once you have me filtered, I won't have to see your
weak-willed responses to my posts about you. You'll be even more
defenseless ...if that's possible.

I don't think you have the guts to filter me out. Lets just see, shall
we?

Gosh, if JustWait filters us out, he'll be reduced to exchanging
badinage with the likes of Loogy, Florida Jim, and the rest of the low
IQ'ers.

[email protected] August 6th 08 05:27 PM

New Trailerboat

On Aug 6, 11:02*am, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 08:16:31 -0400, hk wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 02:08:52 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"hk" wrote in message
om...
[...]

What struck me was how unbalanced the boat looks on dry land - all
that cabin up front, huge stern deck and then the engines. *It just
looks unbalanced. *I'm sure it's a sound boat - Parker doesn't build
junk boats - it just looks odd.

Yeah, odd is a much better word.

It's just a bit bigger than you are used to seeing in that size boat.

True enough.

Put it another way...if I removed the center console from my Parker, I
believe your Ranger would fit inside and you wouldn't see your boat's
gunnels, and our boats are about the same length.

Nope - they would match up pretty well - the only thing your boat that
makes it different is that it's a little longer than mine while mine
is marginally wider (8'8" vs 8'6") and your sides may be slightly
taller from the chine to the top of the gunwale.

Here's an interesting exercise for us to try - measure from the keel
to the highest point of the gunwale, measure the broadest points
gunwale-to-gunwale, and the overall length. *Use the following formula
- Length times breadth (side-to-side at it's broadest point) times
depth (keel to highest point on gunwale) times .67 and divide that by
100.

I'll bet your GT and mine are within 5% of each other.

These are pilothouse style boats, and very traditional in proportions.
The cockpit is huge so as to accommodate the largest possible number of
fishermen. You obviously prefer a different style. I've always liked
workboat type boats.

Totally agree with that. *As Eisboch says, to each their own.

From guys I've talked to, Parkers have their following - which is cool
- every guy has their favorite (or dream) boat. *I know guys who only
buy Grady's and wouldn't consider any other boat. Same with a ton of
other vessels. *And Parker does build a quality boat - over and over
and over again which is my main complaint - there are marginal
differences from year-to-year - the styling just hasn't been updated.

Consider the venerable Novi hull as an example - the base style and
function stays the same, but there are differences depending on the
manufacturer. *You can look at a classic Novi hull and say, yep -
that's a Novi hull, but you can tell differences between hulls by how
long the forefoot is, the tumblehome at the stern - bow flare, etc.
That's a proven hull design which has been adapted and changed mainly
for style reasons - the base hull design has never changed. *I've seen
different year Parkers and they all look the same - no changes.

I just don't like static designs, but it works for you and that's
great.- Hide quoted text -

Everything about Harry is "static". One look at him will tell you
that.

Jim August 6th 08 05:29 PM

New Trailerboat

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
On Aug 6, 10:47 am, wrote:
On Aug 6, 8:54 am, "Eisboch" wrote:

wrote in message
On Aug 6, 12:51 am, hk wrote:
[...]

anonymous like Harry Krause? Did you pick that name out of the phone book?

Vic Smith August 6th 08 05:57 PM

New Trailerboat

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 06:41:10 -0400, hk wrote:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ailerboat2.jpg

SW Tom won't like this boat, either. No metalflake. It's a white boat,
the color God intended for fiberglass. :)

Looks real "American" with that picket fence on the roof.
Is there a garden behind there?
(-:

--Vic

Tim August 7th 08 12:14 AM

New Trailerboat

On Aug 6, 7:29*am, hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:

Although I do like the way they extended the hull through to the
bracket - that's pretty interesting.

They had to. *I was studying that also. *It needs those massive
extensions to the main stringers to support the weight of thoseengines.

Eisboch
The bracket is exactly the same design as the one I had on my 25-foot
Parker, just larger. The bracket is designed and built that way to add
buoyancy at the stern when the boat is at rest. What you are seeing is NOT
a bracket for the outboards resting on a hull extension, but, in fact, the
bracket itself. It is through-bolted to the transom with hefty stainless
steel bolts about every inch and a half along the flat portion. At least
it was on myParker. Therefore, there are no "massive extensions to the
main stringers to support the weight of theengines."

Well, in my humble, unqualified opinion .... there "should" be.

Although, I suppose the idea might be that if the boat is subjected to a
heavy pounding, it's better to let the bracket snap off along with the
engines, rather than compromise hull integrity by damaging the stringers..

Eisboch

The bracket isn't going to "snap off." These boats are built like tanks.- Hide quoted text -

Monster tub, massive stringers, goliath-like brackets, giant
outboards, forward cabin, Hey! Parker might have gotten their ideas
from here!

http://thebayguide.com/rec.boats/karen.html