BoatBanter.com

-   -   New Trailerboat (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/96753-new-trailerboat.html)

HK August 6th 08 01:29 PM

New Trailerboat

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:

Although I do like the way they extended the hull through to the
bracket - that's pretty interesting.

They had to. I was studying that also. It needs those massive
extensions to the main stringers to support the weight of those engines.

Eisboch

The bracket is exactly the same design as the one I had on my 25-foot
Parker, just larger. The bracket is designed and built that way to add
buoyancy at the stern when the boat is at rest. What you are seeing is NOT
a bracket for the outboards resting on a hull extension, but, in fact, the
bracket itself. It is through-bolted to the transom with hefty stainless
steel bolts about every inch and a half along the flat portion. At least
it was on my Parker. Therefore, there are no "massive extensions to the
main stringers to support the weight of the engines."

Well, in my humble, unqualified opinion .... there "should" be.

Although, I suppose the idea might be that if the boat is subjected to a
heavy pounding, it's better to let the bracket snap off along with the
engines, rather than compromise hull integrity by damaging the stringers.

Eisboch

The bracket isn't going to "snap off." These boats are built like tanks.

Eisboch August 6th 08 01:35 PM

New Trailerboat

"hk" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:

[...]

No. But, that's *still* over 1600 lbs cantilevered out quite a ways and held
on by bolts. Imagine the forces in heavy seas.

I'm sure it's fine and well engineered. I hope.

Eisboch

Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] August 6th 08 01:42 PM

New Trailerboat

On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 07:59:59 -0400, "Eisboch"

.. .

What struck me was how unbalanced the boat looks on dry land - all
that cabin up front, huge stern deck and then the engines. It just
looks unbalanced. I'm sure it's a sound boat - Parker doesn't build
junk boats - it just looks odd.

Yeah, odd is a much better word.

It does, but then again, in all fairness, boats look a lot different *in*
the water than they do on the hard or on a hauler.

They also shrink.

Good points.

HK August 6th 08 01:45 PM

New Trailerboat

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..

You know, or maybe you don't know, most Parker buyers are "repeat"
customers, so it was inevitable the new boat would have a strong family
resemblance to the existing pilothouse boats. Evolution is what Parker
owners want, not revolution.

Ya, but, even Henry Ford was wise enough to eventually update the design of
the model T.

Just kidding. I like traditional designs, even if I don't particularly
care for them.

Eisboch

You really have to "fish" one of these boats in choppy salt water to
appreciate them fully. They're heavy enough for their length to be able
to move faster in reasonable comfort than lighter boats the same length,
the hardware is all heavy duty, attached with proper backup plates, the
hull is three piece, whatever you need the boat to supply for good
fishing is there and properly designed, and, if you want, you can order
the center console models without those damned vee seats at the bow. If
you are a sometime fly fisherman as I am, having a nice, uncluttered
area between the center console and the bow is a great help. But what I
think I like best about the boats is that they are manufactured in a
family business, and when I call with questions, I get a family member
on the phone who handles customer service the way it is supposed to be
handled. The few issues I have had with my Parker boats have been
handled by a member of the Parker family and my dealer, without anything
more than questions or requests from me.

Eisboch August 6th 08 01:52 PM

New Trailerboat

"hk" wrote in message
. ..

But what I think I like best about the boats is that they are manufactured
in a family business, and when I call with questions, I get a family
member on the phone who handles customer service the way it is supposed to
be handled. The few issues I have had with my Parker boats have been
handled by a member of the Parker family and my dealer, without anything
more than questions or requests from me.

Well, of course! The Parker family has to have a marketing strategy to
compensate for an old, outdated , fugly boat design. So, wisely, they do it
with a smile and a pat on the ass.

Harry, I am just busting them on you. It's fun to watch you get so
defensive about your favorite boat manufacturer.
Parkers are fine boats and built well.

Eisboch

[email protected] August 6th 08 01:52 PM

New Trailerboat

On Aug 6, 12:51*am, hk wrote:
I realize there's not many here interested in boats, but there might be
a few lurkers who are.

This is a factory-supplied photo of a new offshore *fishing* boat that
has just been launched by Parker. It is hull #1 of actual production.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...neous/newtrail...

Yes, those are twin Yamaha F350s on the bracket. The boat is a 34-footer
and does about 55 mph at WOT.

I don't know what the market is for this boat. It certainly isn't a
volume product.

The interior is far less Spartan than is usual with a Parker, but it is
still a fisherman's craft, so it isn't like your typical bubble boat in
the main or forward cabin. The head, sink and shower are enclosed,
there's a vee-berth forward, there's an actual mechanical/plumbing room.
Main cabin has a command chair and a large area for electronics. There's
a wrap around bench and table, and a sink, stove, refrigerator/freezer.
That's what is easily visible.

The cockpit has a large and pretty fancy (for Parker) 2nd command console..

Pretty hefty trailer and tow vehicle, probably NOT an F150.

I thought you tried to get people here to believe you are quite the
accomplished photographer?
There is so much wrong with that picture that I don't know where to
begin.

Eisboch August 6th 08 01:54 PM

New Trailerboat

wrote in message
On Aug 6, 12:51 am, hk wrote:
[...]

-----------------------------

You missed the "factory supplied photo" part of his post.

Eisboch

HK August 6th 08 02:01 PM

New Trailerboat

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..

But what I think I like best about the boats is that they are manufactured
in a family business, and when I call with questions, I get a family
member on the phone who handles customer service the way it is supposed to
be handled. The few issues I have had with my Parker boats have been
handled by a member of the Parker family and my dealer, without anything
more than questions or requests from me.

Well, of course! The Parker family has to have a marketing strategy to
compensate for an old, outdated , fugly boat design. So, wisely, they do it
with a smile and a pat on the ass.

Harry, I am just busting them on you. It's fun to watch you get so
defensive about your favorite boat manufacturer.
Parkers are fine boats and built well.

Eisboch

Maybe I'll go buy a Bayliner. :)

HK August 6th 08 02:05 PM

New Trailerboat

Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
On Aug 6, 12:51 am, hk wrote:
[...]

Crikey...look at all the fun I am missing by filtering out Loogy and the
rest of the SevenLittleSchitts. :)

[email protected] August 6th 08 02:28 PM

New Trailerboat

On Aug 6, 9:05*am, hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
On Aug 6, 12:51 am, hk wrote:
[...]

rest of the SevenLittleSchitts. * :)- Hide quoted text -

You don't filter anybody, you answered me directly yesterday. Stll
have to wonder about the couple of posters playing with you and thus
encouraging the vial filth that you spew over our group and our
families.. Kind of like watching your neighbor get robbed and doing
nothing because you have an alarm system and know it wont happen to
you.