Default The DC/Baltimore area...

On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 12:33:16 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 09:58:17 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

I often took the longer, but much more scenic Rt 84/Rt81 route when going
to Florida for exactly that reason. I'd cut back over to 95 just north of
Tennessee.

Yes, we've done something similar a number of times except that we get
off 84 onto I-77; then I-26 south from Columbia, SC; cutting back in
to 95 NW of Charleston. It adds about 90 miles but is a lot less
aggravation. You also have the option of taking a little detour onto
the Blue Ridge highway which is very scenic.

Normally, that's how we travel to Columbia.

In this case, it was unavoidable.

Next time you head down that way, let me know - my son patrols that
stretch of road and I'll have him look out for you. :)

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 09:58:17 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

. ..
Sucks.

six hours to get from Fredricksburg to just North of Baltimore.

You people need to learn how to drive. The whole idea is not to hit
other cars thus blocking five lanes of interstate and locking them up
in gridlock.

Morons. :)

Oh, and Virginia drivers suck.

Woulnd't be a trip report without mentioning that drivers in Virginia
suck. :)

I often took the longer, but much more scenic Rt 84/Rt81 route when going
to Florida for exactly that reason. I'd cut back over to 95 just north of
Tennessee.

Normally, that's how we go, but Mrs. Wave had to stop along the way
for an hour so we went 95.

However, that being all well and good, that corridor is a national
disgrace and if I were a citizen of Maryland or Virginia and had to
travel that route, I'd be screaming bloody murder about the incredible
incompetence of the designer and builder of that road.

They've been working on that for at least 15 years and still don't
have it right.

Some contractors welfare plan apparently.

Add in the moron drivers they have in Virginia and it's a recipe for
diaster.

I'll tell you though .... some parts of your state (CT) is almost as bad.
I am thinking of the southern part of 95 ... Bridgeport, Stratford area.
Basically everything from New Haven south. Seems like that section is
under constant repair or re-configuration.

Eisboch

Senior Member

On Aug 2, 3:06*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote in messagenews:mea994dqmd2nkc3ovvf7u2iju3fo328vll@4ax .com...

[...]

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

Well, when my bud comes up he skips all of that and comes in via 84
from 81, even to get to our home in Essex on the shore. Still only
takes him 1-3 hours longer than coming up through DC, NYC, and the
lower Shoreline. I forget how many miles longer the trip is, but
coming in that way, the last few hours especially are nice and
relaxed..

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 15:06:31 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

.. .
[...]

Also true and there is no excuse for the sorry state of affairs in
that corridor either.

This is the major vehicle artery for the entire Eastern Seaboard and a
damn nightmare.

Given that CT's own contribution to vehicular harrassement is mostly
road based, you have to admit that you don't have Virginia drivers
backing up in a traffic jam to jump lanes though and then hitting a
car in an adjoining lane which hit another car in an adjoining lane
creating a five lane traffic backup. :)

On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 18:41:56 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

[...]

The only people that hate it worse are those of us who live here. I hate
going to Fredricksburg to play golf and then spend an hour and a half
getting back home - in the opposite direction of rush hour traffic.

If you come through about 5 AM, it's not at all bad.

Living Aboard in the general area of Ft. Walton Beach - Destin Florida area Rick B. Cruising 1 February 12th 07 01:33 AM
Baltimore Rescue Thom Stewart ASA 1 March 10th 04 02:29 AM
FA: Canoe -- Baltimore, MD Marty S. General 0 March 8th 04 04:18 PM
FS: Carver 430 in New Baltimore, MI WTmich3 Marketplace 0 October 27th 03 11:22 AM