Default Bennigan's, Steak & Ale Closes Nationwide

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 19:05:37 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

In that category of restaurants, I have always thought Applebee's is pretty
good in terms of the quality of the meals.

They seem a little more serious with the food, and more
family-oriented.
Been to one near Ft Myers, FL and one in Edwardsville, IL.
Family eat-out doings.
All I remember is my ma likes the chicken fried steak.
Can't even remember what I had. I do remember it was
a long wait to get seated in Edwardsville.

--Vic

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 19:11:06 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
.. .

Yup. Bennigan's was one of the worst of the yuppie fast food places.

One of the few benefits of an economic downturn is that it weeds out the
good from the bad, similar to an infrequent hurricane clearing the dead
wood and weak trees.

I think their days were numbered more due to demographic changes, and
how young people pick where they want to hang out.

They were doing well during the early '80's recession, I think,
certainly the early 90's.
First time I was there was about '85. It was the hangout for yuppies.

--Vic

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 18:21:03 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 19:05:37 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

All I remember is my ma likes the chicken fried steak.

Wait, that might have been steak fried chicken of chicken fried
chicken. The damn thing was chicken anyway, and she really liked it.
Had a white gravy.

--Vic